ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Poll to help me decide (56k beware)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i think the wheels suit the car. but so much so that they look standard! if u c what i mean. uve been after a change for sometime anyway.

did love those 17s though.

Not a Clio

i think your alloys suit it too, no to the bonnet though it would look very out of place i think.

I think the issue is simple:

Car looks great to me as is.

Car with carbon bonnet added looks mailto:w@nk">w@nk.

Car with carbon bonnet AND your wheels painted to match would look great.

Suzuki SV1000S

Have thought about white wheels but they just dont look right.

Ideally I would like some black chrome alloys with high shine chrome edges (if you get what i mean) but cant seem to find any!

Absolutely 100%

NO!

You asked for opinions - and heres mine:

It makes a fine hot hatch look like a done-up 1.2. Subtle mods are the way forward. Have you ever seen a "fashionably" modified car that looks good five years later?

Subtle and effective mods like a touch of lowering, a decent exhaust pipe and so on always age well. But carbon bonnets, apart from on the most highly race-modified cars will go the way of the three-spoke.

Suzuki SV1000S

So should just leave it as is ?

I mean the mods so far are subtle with mk2 rear lights, bump strips, indicators etc..

Havent figured out the attraction of carbon bonnets yet, whats the point in making a car look as though its been in an accident and had the bonnet replaced at a scrapyard? I know they look cool to people in the know (the sort that hang out in McDonalds car parks mostly) but Ive never met a real life person who likes them.

Those wheels look cool mate, but what you want to do to make it really look good is swap them with my Dynamique standard wheels.

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by Jawnathan on 08 February 2005

Those wheels look cool mate, but what you want to do to make it really look good is swap them with my Dynamique standard wheels.
If you are talking about my current wheels then I may be interested in a p/x for mine. Especially if I do decide to upgrade them mate