ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini detail in the sun - 172 Cup content

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
looks very nice but the exhaust is a joke seriously! and your side strips look a different shade of blue? and i wouldnt of driven it down a dusty road straight after cleaning it :p

172 Cup
Looks decent dude, try a sealant/wax after the polishing stage next time if you didnt already this time, some thing AG High Definition wax would work well ;)

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
The exhaust is temporary as the original snapped. It'll be having a BTM performance exhaust as soon as they're released. The side strips are matte due to it being a Cup model thus saving weight with no laquer.

Cheers for the advice, I'll look into that for next time :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Can't say I've heard that with the laquer before?

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Well that's what I was told but that's just how this model came from factory, the side strips also match the interior dash strips.

I thought this was general knowledge!

Im sure someone will comment shortly to back me up/shoot me down!

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is this a genuine fact then? I can honestly say I have never heard that before?
Or even noticed it on pictures of cups

Chocolate Orange 172
See now I was trying to decide whether to remove my interior or the lacquer from my car to save weight but could not make up my mind lol

Car looks good thought, got to take advantage of the sunshine!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
car looks lovely :) and lol at people believing you :p

its the same with the dynamique and extremes, the colour coded ones dont usually have lacquer on... i thought it was a bit peculiar not lacquering the cup strips though

Titanium 182
Cost saving more than likely. The Cup was intended to be a stripped back raw version of the 172, by also cutting costs.