ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper S Works and 182

Clio Renaultsport 182
Has anyone been on track vs a MCS Works? I'm fairly certain it would be pretty close on a twisty track between a standard 182 and a MCS Works, but I'm not too confident. :S

An "acquaintance" has just bought one and has challenged me to a run at Santa Pod. I'm thinking that the Mini is quicker in a straight line.....

Any Experience?

A standard MCS is slower than a 182 a JCW kitted one is fairly similar performance. Remind him though his will have cost 10k more than yours and he could have bought a real car instead of a shirtlifters fisherprice toy.

themanwho said:
Has anyone been on track vs a MCS Works? I'm fairly certain it would be pretty close on a twisty track between a standard 182 and a MCS Works, but I'm not too confident. :S

An "acquaintance" has just bought one and has challenged me to a run at Santa Pod. I'm thinking that the Mini is quicker in a straight line.....

Any Experience?
had a run in wid one on the way back from barmouth , had a full load as he did , both booted it but i was in front and slowlt edged away in every gear . think he gid it neck at a tonne but only 5/6 car lengths in the end.:quiet:

172 cup TT
Hmm i "think" i had a run in with a MCSw the other day actually... proper straight dual carriage way... He defo had uprated exhaust but no WORKS badge... up to about 100++ i gained a few car lengths on him but only VERY gradually and its a long long road... it got me concerned as ive had the same happen to another MCS and i made that one looked silly... either MY car was up the spout, OR his wasnt JUST a normal MCS.. even with just an exhaust it wouldnt have improved it THAT much...

iirc kartman had a few legs with cooperSboy who had the conversion.
Kartman had 17's and there was nothing in it in a straight line.

MCS Works is quicker than a 182 imo. I had a run in with one last week (bird driver... no surprise...) when some bird undertook me... decided to have a go and it took me a while to catch up and pass where tbh I expected to just pan her. my car wasn't running 100%, but still...

Focus ST
Loony said:
A standard MCS is slower than a 182 a JCW kitted one is fairly similar performance. Remind him though his will have cost 10k more than yours and he could have bought a real car instead of a shirtlifters fisherprice toy.

:lolup:

MINI JCW
nothing in it at all in terms of performance, 0-60 in mid 6's for both and 100 in 17 secs as for cost 182 10k cheaper

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Loony said:

^^PMSL!

I didn't know people actually bought minis??! With their own cash?? Bloody hell! I thought that they were just company cars for skinny, camp estate agents called jason .

Der Panzer
Whether it's a works variant or not I still find it hard to let a MCS pass me. I hate them.

Then again if I persued everyone in sight I would be as bad as they are.

I let them go and only feel the urge to blast them when they drive up my a**e.

You shouldnt lose, and if you do it will be down to driver not machine so either way with it being a woman you'll have egg on your face ;)

I used to work for BMW/BINI and drove countless MINI's (coopers, cooper s', and a couple of JCW) and could never understand why people are prepared to pay the rediculous cost. A MCS with nothing on it is 15k odd, add a JCW pack and you are talking just under 20k then add options like xenons etc to bring it to 182 spec and you can easily be talking 23/24/25k and upwards. Personally i'd be looking at a Mk5 gti or similar for that money.

Last edited:
  Clio Renaultsport 182
^^^^ Aye, 'tis a poor choice of car for the money IMHO, but each to their own.

Just wanted to rub it in more off the back of all the grief I've been getting over it :mad:

Thing is, she had a 172 and a 182 before it.....traitor

172 cup TT
Loony, a guy i know has paid £28k!! yes Twenty-eight thousand pounds for a Mini cooper S works.... oh my bloody god!!!... but he doesnt spend any money, or go out really.. well.. he "goes out" when in the warcraft world! to the "robot bar" or "super death nightclub" or what ever computer names there could be :)