ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek v Yozza

clio 182
I seem to have a horrible pikey job exhaust on my 182. What de-cat system would you all recommend?

I would say go for a yozza, seems to be the top choice but its pretty loud, so as long as you dont mind that! Very good quality

Golf GTD Mk7
btb, but i'm biased. I'd go for yozza personally as the build quality looks better than the milltek. I've heard a lot of bad reviews on the milltek also.

Golf GTD Mk7
not sure in db. if it's a daily drive id not bother with a decat. to be fare the 182 cat is pretty good anyway, so you're not going to gain too much from removing it apart from a warning light.

Listerine & Poledo
my system may need doing at next MOT, wondering how much is:-

Renault official part
Pattern part
quiet stainless (suggestions welcome)

Going onto ph2 172, no bumper mods wanted

thanks in advance

clio 182
not sure in db. if it's a daily drive id not bother with a decat. to be fare the 182 cat is pretty good anyway, so you're not going to gain too much from removing it apart from a warning light.

I'm getting my 182 cammed, matched inlets ,moving battery to remove 90 degree bend for better induction and a straight through exhaust £££!! Oh, n i'm just up the road from rs tuning so i'll get it set up 'good n proppa'

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yozza with original Cat isn't loud at all , slightly louder than the original exhaust , with the Decat its pretty loud but not unbearable .

Quality of the Yozza is top notch .

200 FF Storm Grey
Yozza with original Cat isn't loud at all , slightly louder than the original exhaust , with the Decat its pretty loud but not unbearable .

Quality of the Yozza is top notch .

Are you having a laugh? lol, it's stupidly loud, not that it's a bad thing as I love mine :rasp:

b/g 182, meg tourer
depends what you are after. the build quality on both is very good imo.
sound wise they are totaly different. the miltek is fairly quiet and slightly boomy with small amount of raspyness on acceleration. its louder than standard but still quite subtle.
the yozza is loud even on idle. very loud (raspy) on full throttle. but a very nice sound. not to loud on motorways but it gets very loud as soon as you touch the throttle.

Da

Less
Milltek has fitment issues I believe, so out of the two I would say Yozza - it fits perfect.

Yozza with a decat will be loud, with the cat still in place it aint so bad.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Are you having a laugh? lol, it's stupidly loud, not that it's a bad thing as I love mine :rasp:

Not with the standard Cat it isn't , with the decat it's very loud but still bearable . Maybe yours is blowin' :quiet:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nooooooooo!!!

Mine sounded lovely with a cat, shame it fitted like it was made for a different car. Seemed jigged about 20mm out!!! Very stressed system once hot too, moved about all over the place.

R26
so what your saying guys is if you want a quiet one go for the miltek, if you want a bit of noise go for the yozza? does the miltek have any power gains at all?

WANTED Arctic 182
If it does, it won't be much. I love the sound of my Milltek but getting it to sit right is a nightmare!

Mine has a decat and it's not too loud.

b/g 182, meg tourer
my miltek sits perfect. needed to pack the exhaust brackets up a bit to stop the tailpipes sagging but that is the crappy brackets fault not the milteks. i really like yozza's but just too loud. there is no way that a miltek with cat is louder than a yozza with cat, sorry fred but there is just no way!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
My Milltek is spot on. Been on about 3yrs now without any probs. Nice deep burble on idle, and not too loud on throttle just nice raspy note.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bandwagon effect at it's best.

My Milltek fits perfectly. Always has. And it's three years old, and had covered 40,000 miles. Not one issue.

I know four other people who have the same reviews.

YS is good, BTB is good, but I've seen terrible fitting versions of both.

Fitment is down to installation, 99% of the time. And buy new hangers. It's not a Milltek issue. Despite what CS tells you.

b/g 182, meg tourer
wheres the best place around peterborough area to get one fitted mate?

im really not sure to be honest. you could try calling jabba and see if they will do it? they normally work on vag cars but it won't harm asking. they do most of the work on mine but i know the lad really well, since school/bmxing days:cool:

Lionel Richie
Bandwagon effect at it's best.

My Milltek fits perfectly. Always has. And it's three years old, and had covered 40,000 miles. Not one issue.

I know four other people who have the same reviews.

YS is good, BTB is good, but I've seen terrible fitting versions of both.

Fitment is down to installation, 99% of the time. And buy new hangers. It's not a Milltek issue. Despite what CS tells you.

terrible fitting YS, shut up your face

DB.

BMW 440i
My Yozza fits perfectly! Looks and sounds spot on!

Sounds nicer than the Miltek imo!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Not saying that they fit badly. Just that the fitment is all down to installation, not the design!

Da

Less
Lol @ YS vs Milltek brigade!

Who cares, both great exhaust and both highly rated on here.

YS seem somewhat easier to get hold of new and at least have a point of contact on these forums.

Milltek are all secondhand I believe, meaning no new ones will ever be made??

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yozzasport fits properly, only complaint i would have is they look a tad short imo, but that's just the way they are, i would like the pipes to stick out a tad more!

Milltek, rofl, Buy one for and R32 and try to fit it? will be about the same! Look and sound nice, had loads be a pain to get anything nea straight!

My money would be on a yozza.

200 Gordini
i was on about yours yes

Shouldnt you be on holiday :/

Im actually looking for a passenger ride in a car with a yozza on, i fancy a change. I'm just not sure about the noise it makes on videos. Need to hear one for real before i make my mind up.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ With a cat / silenced decat, mint imo, decat is a tad hardcore, fred will call me a pussy... wait for it.

200 Gordini
I like hardcore.. unless it drives me mad on the motorway! Is it the type of exhaust that is only overly loud (as in taking the piss) when you're gunning it?

Lionel Richie
Yozzasport fits properly, only complaint i would have is they look a tad short imo, but that's just the way they are, i would like the pipes to stick out a tad more!

Milltek, rofl, Buy one for and R32 and try to fit it? will be about the same! Look and sound nice, had loads be a pain to get anything nea straight!

My money would be on a yozza.

funnily enough i figured this out, its nowt to do with the exhaust

its the engine mounting!

some fit inline/under the bumper, some poke out, its the bloody engine mounts that cause it!

a car came in with the tail pipes almost under the bumper, i did the cambelt on it, it went back wih the exhaust perfect! LOL