ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek or gdi exhaust 182

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
Ok the time has come to get a new cat back system for the 182.
These are the two that i am looking at.

Anyone got any thoughts or advise as i have not heard either of them properly befor only on youtube which aint great to say the leist.

Cheers.

ST
Not being a 'fanboy' but i'd say none of them...

None have that 'wow' factor when it comes to sound or build quality.

182 has now gone!
I have always liked the sound of the Milltek exhausts.. Was tempted to get one myself but went for a Magnex one instead.. The Milltek is alot louder..

ITB BG 182
i would have said the magnex one was louder considering i have a milltek and had a meet awhile back with them back to back his the magnex was rattly.

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
I do fancy the milltek from what i have heard it seems to be quite abit deeper than things like the yozza. Which does sound good but it sounds almost to loud for me i think.

If someone's based near manchester with a decent camera I'll get some recordings of mine before it's ITB'd again. Only ones I have are low quality phone ones, which tbh sound nothing like

clio 182,ff + 1.5 dci
yeh thats what i want really not something that makes your ear drums bleed everytime you boot it.

Mine sounds exactly the same as the other systems they do, just a fair bit louder as the backbox is bigger than the other offered ones. It will give you an idea, but it's not that loud compared to a lot of cars on here. Laura's one was pretty quiet all the time and even on the motorway and iirc that was also a 2.5", but had a different backbox.

Miltek are a quality system too, few of my Audi geek mates have had them fitted at Awesome and they are top quality, pretty quiet and sound nice when you boot them. It's a system I'm yet to try on a Clio, but overall on both cars I've now had a total of 8 (yes 8!!!) different stainless systems and several standard ones (Williams... they fell to bits pretty sharpish... note to self, dont use decat on stock center section lol)

Had Magnex, look nice, sound dull and dreadful on a long motorway journey and wouldn't fit quite right. Tried a different Magnex after that and it was quieter and okay on motorways, but sounded dull and boring.
Had a scorpion one, didn't last long before I got rid of it, the backbox hung low and it looked crap. Sounded okay, not too loud, build quality was hard to tell, but it had a LOT of surface rust.
Then got a Powerflow, one of Top Gear Motorsport's ones (based in Burnley) and that was VERY VERY loud, but sounded like a touring car at full chat and had a nice non chavvy rasp (the F7's get away with it imo, the F4's sound shite).
Sold the car, but that system was too loud for the owner, so got a Magnex to replace it, which was actually pretty quiet.
That was just on the Williams, the other system I had on it was half Magnex and powerflow, so it's only 7 systems thinking about it, as I had a straight through center section that I used on the powerflow.

172 had a Powerflow on it when I got the car and it was awful. It was only 2" bore, was quiet, but fell to bits and the back pressure blew an 11" hold in the backbox!!! Replaced that one with a GDI system and am 100% happy with it. It's a bit louder than the normal range as I wanted a 3.5" slash cut thin jap style system as I'm sick of inward and outward rolled ones and it's barely visable, but I pay for it in noise levels, but it's easy to live with daily still. It was much quieter on ITB's when it was built on the car though.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My mate had a Milltek on his old 182 cup looked really
nice compared to the pea shooters that are fitted as standard,
the pipes really fit the recesses well, it had a really deep sound to
it, not to loud inside or out, louder than standard though.

Its a hell of alot lighter than the stndard exhaust aswell,
should improve your power to weight ratio a little.

He had the Milltek with a K-Tec remap.

Car was rapid.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
I got the Milltek 172 system and ive got to say im very happy with the build quality and the sound of the thing. To my mind its not loud enough to cause an issue on the motorway, but its got a great roar on the gas

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seen pics of Chris and it looks nice...I would probably buy a miltek if i had a 182...

the YS is Way to loud. the BTB's don't exist any more and i've no seen the GDi one. K-tec's looks ok too!

Mayb look at that new Scorpion too??!