ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mikeh's silver 182 FF

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I haven't I'm afraid.

It'll be a few weeks before I do, too - as where I don't need these wheels until February, I'm going to give the lacquer plenty of time to harden before refitting the tyres.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Now with lacquer - I'm quite impressed with the finish.

At some point I'd like to flat them back, give them a good polish and coated in C5.

dd21a469.jpg

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Slightly less visionary update than the last few, but with an amp sat in my garage and finding some component speakers cheap, I thought it'd be rude not to.

Dash off to access existing tweeters

6deab1eb-7940-310c.jpg

Existing hole opened up to accept new tweeter
6deab1eb-79a5-9950.jpg

Speaker loom spliced to get a connection into the door, new cables fitted between amp and crossover and tweeter.
6deab1eb-79de-c91d.jpg

Standard speakers are 13cm - 17cm speakers fitted with the aid of an MDF baffle.
6deab1eb-7a3a-b0b0.jpg

Door card needs modifying though - old speaker mounting cut out
6deab1eb-7aa0-073d.jpg

And fitted
6deab1eb-7acc-7587.jpg

6deab1eb-7aef-98c7.jpg

Job done :)

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Pretty small update, changed the headlight washers for blanks - not bad paint match for a DIY rattle can job in the middle of winter, either.

6768435377_b6a32fd061_z.png

Untitled by mikehiow, on Flickr

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Not really, if I'm honest.

Like I suspected, it just highlights the need for a sub now.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Some goodies fitted this week:
u3e4u7ez.jpg

9a5e2ymy.jpg

AST Sportline 1s and a set of TD 1s with R888s.

Aligned up and it's pretty hard - I can't wait to test them at brands on Friday, though! I'm glad I don't use this car on the road anymore.

vahubysu.jpg

I found sliders and piston seized on the NS caliper whilst doing it, so took the opportunity to give that a quick service.

Half way through all this, I ended up with a dead water pump on the c-class - that was an interesting job! So much for longitudinally mounted engines being easier to work on!
a9ady8u3.jpg

I'm just waiting on some 20mm spacers for the front, some genuine rear discs and 1 degree rear camber shims, then I'm all ready for it's second track day of the year!

Last edited:

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
A little more progress.

New rear discs and pads
apyhabe5.jpg

Also got the front spacers on - looks tidy, but the fronts rub.

2u2eqe2y.jpg

Fortunately, they were purchased for my track wheels which are ET45 (rather than the ET35 of the pictured wheels).

Shame really.