ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

might this new car...........

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

iv been offered a blue vauxhall astra gsi 2.0 16 turbo.

looks good. what do you guys think?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

id buy one if they werent so expensive (my pricerange)that is lol.

i was looking at getting an astra coupe turbo

arnt they alittle slower than the clio though, ive raced 1 (on a private track) n beat 1 in my near enuf standard valver when i had it!!!!

but there again i really like the look of em and u seem to be able to get alot of power out of turbos these days, go for it

Megane 225

slightly slower than the Clio for the most part, but still great fun to drive - thats important. Enjoy the test drive.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

they around 200bhp tho. chip that and get exhaust etc u must be able to get silly power/torque?! thats what im thinking anyway!

v6 mk2

slower than a clio??? thats optimistic, as clarkie says they have 200 bhp and the torque from a turbo!!! they are quicker, even though they are a vauxhall!!! ;) theres no way on this earth that a standard valver is quicker than an astra turbo!! u must be a far better driver dan, most renault drivers are eh!!! :D

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I nearly bought one of these before I got the clio.

Took it out and it was pretty quick but not as raw as the Clio was.

Thing about it is, for the same money you spend getting 15bhp out of a clio you could get 150bhp out of the astra.

Looks like an old school hot hatch and you can make it sound like an old bus - BUY IT!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

well i drove it and its great.so well built and is tidy under the hood. the only problem is the inside of it is quite sh*tty. but i can work with that i gues. im goin to be thinking now i think.

yeah i could have just been lucky on the day, but wasnt much in it though, if they are quicker than a renault then the guy must have hacked it lol ;)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

they are quite fast but they are big and well buildt. unlike a clio that is all rattles and plastic. but there are 3 turbo upgrades for it that will make it much quicker than most clios

RS4

the gsi turbo are not too bad i guess, its got a turbo which means great squid to bhp gains, an its only insurance group 15, would you believe that, you also dont see many around, an that blue colour is lurrvley it also averages 31mpg,

i might be looking to buy one soon actually, hopefully they will drop in value abit, as the new sport astra is out.

MKIII 138

rare 2.0 T sri is a far better option.

tuning side of things is more expensive than your average tubo as the vaxhualk unit is running a small turbo and intercooler + apparently they get a bit hot when tuned up as you would a normal turbo. still get some good gains though and the chasis + ride is really nice.

a 182 would be deffo faster than a gsi standard imo.

LY 200

Clarkie iv seen them in that blue, red and black!!!

Never seen em in another colour bar the 3 above!!!

LY 200

Yer the black is nice but not as nice as the blue!!!

I love the wheels on them aswell!!!

LY 200

Really!?

Looks a proper minter mate, best colour by far aswell...................Id do it if i was you!!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

its easy the best. imagine it with a new set of alloys,slamed and tinted witndows with morette light. AMAZING

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

IV seen it befor with the lights and they look great. even the back ones. and with a smootherd out boot also. wow