ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mid cornwall owners

clio 1.6 16v
just sending this thread out to get an idea of numbers, was talking to a few people on here from the area and was wondering how many people are out there from the mid cornwall area st austell, truro, newquay, bodmin etc that would be interested in arranging a meet, as iv herd there are a lack of meetings down this way. so just getting the feelers out to see how many people are interested

clio 1.6 16v
once we get a few more people interested we will have to a throw some ideas around and agree on a location dartmoor sounds like a good one any other ideas??

Ly meg R26
We have done a few dartmoor runs in the past and turned out well, it's just hard to find somewhere central for everyone

tbh the south west is a huge area. i would never consider going up to bristol for a meet. way to far

a pub meet on dartmoor would be good with a drive along the moors after wards

or just a meet up at plymstock industrial estates for photos with a drive along the hoe after??

there many things we could do :p

Caterham 270R
All my family live in Brixham Devon so i am down there alot ?? 8 or 9 times a year mailny in the summer so would love to meet you guys ??

Flame red 172
I grew up and lived in st austell area till june last year, still going down there quite often so id be well up for a meet if there is one on in the summer sometime.

clio 1.6 16v
beginning of march maybe we can try and book a day that will be half decent rather than pouring with rain. first weekend of march?

Megane 225 F1
I do think its unfair on you guys that SW is so huge.

Did anyone apply to be area rep for SW as one up here in and then another down your way would be a good idea. Maybe PM seb and ask?

on some websites ive been on south west goes from lands end to bath area lol

we did have a local rep but he got a job up north so stepped down.

first weekend on march is only a week and a half away, it may be better to give a bit more notice so not so regular members stumble across the meet.

maybe towards the end of march?

Storm Grey 200
Yer. Sw is a strange area. Deffo should be a Cornwall area. I'm in no mans land. Kinda far for most meets down the bottom of Somerset

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it i a tricky one guys. trying to cover all the areas in the UK is almost impossible! :(

i mean, we get reps coming and going so areas always go through dips of coverage etc and i feel for your plight being down in the corner all by yourselves.

IF someone can compile a list and show me that cornwall requires a dedicated area rep i'll happily create the position.

For example, suffolk/norfolk had nothing going on at all a few years ago. I used to go to the midlands to get a meet! then timmay came along and they have regular meets now.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ja! as long s devon/cornwall is an ok area to cover? we happy with that if so?

Shall we set a time and date for this get the ball rolling?

Last sunday in March 1pmish? a pub on dartmoor with parking? anybody know of any?

my idea is to meet at the Harris arms inn in port gate just off the A30 (ex20 4az)

have a small chat/look around cars ect then a small medium paced drive around some b-roads ending up at Roadford lake reservoiur cafe (pl16 0sw) for lunch and some pics by the lake

let me know what you think of the idea and i will plan it more