ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Word Issue

Swift Sport
I've decided to apply for a job or two so rather than write a new CV I set about finding my old one on my old laptop. Not only did my 11yr old laptop work but I managed to email my CV to my new laptop (whoop/yay etc).

Now I have my CV downloaded as a Word document, but I've just realised that I don't appear to have Word on my laptop, even though I'm running Windows 8. Instead it links me up to Word Online which seems completely rubbish and won't even let me edit my CV at all, and just crashes my laptop!

What is this stupidity I'm experiencing??

Help?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
readImage?iid=60759575.jpg

Have you tried Open Office?

Swift Sport
I shall have a look... I'm a bit of a computer noob (I'm old-ish!) and don't have a clue what I doing lol.

Swift Sport
I appear to have found a way around it by editing my CV on my old laptop and emailing it to myself, so I can then forward it to potential employers. Hopefully that'll work!