ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Word help

Does anyone know if you can create a link in a word document which opens up a separate word document?

I want the link to be displayed as text rather than a word document 'symbol' so if I send this document to someone it will open up the second document as well. If that makes sense?

​Cheers

I'm on my ipad, so can't check -but can't you select another document by typing its location instead of an URL for a hyperlink?

what about this?

Last edited:
But say I email the 'master' document to someone, the second one won't open as it has been linked to a document on my hard-drive.

Sort of. I want to have several links from one document, then be able to email it and the links still work. Doesn't seem like it's possible though.

What about saving all the documents you need to link to some web space, so you'll be clicking real links but they'll just open the documents? Or something like Dropbox?

I think that'd work..

Yea I was trying to see if I could work it with Google Documents and iCloud. Dropbox looks to be the best option so far, cheers.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Would you know the username of the user that would open it? Or just put the document in %appdata%