ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft and CompTIA course offer £79 opinions?

Honda civic ep2 05
http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/e-careers/3588125

Currently undertaking my placement year at university studying an ICT degree, working as a support analyst ,will be completing my 14 month placement in August then will be going back to university to complete my final year.

Just came across this offer and would like to know if anyone has undertaking these courses and if they where worth it, just looking at it as something to have over many of the other graduates next year.
Opinions welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited:
  Honda civic ep2 05
Yeah just had a chance to look some of the courses in more detail and the server stuff especially is well out of date, dated 2005 no mention of virtualization etc. Think ill give it a miss.

RIP Dan
CompTIA is the same, teach yourself. Not sure how it is generally thought of in the IT world these days though.

I've done this A+, all be it early 2001 or 2002, course was a bit easy exam more so....helped on the CV but that's about all...went on to do the Server+ and Network+ more or less straight after (read book, took exam). They're not the headlining exam to have any more I don't think (if they ever were). Don't think the MCSE means what it used to be when I finished mine back around the same time.

Experience counts for a lot...get loads and always pick up the stuff no one else wants to do.....best way to learn in my view. Had two Exchange failures in a week at our Cape Town office....I fixed it first but missed the underlying problem so it went again a day or so later, walked a junior though the whole thing on the 2nd fix.....he learnt lots....though he did ask me yesterday how to fix a server which failed on a boot loader error...

Ask and ask again....courses I use for weeks away from home to get beer'd up and have a good time....on expenses. lol...don't you go doing that mind......

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As said, just buy the book for the A+ or N+ if you want to study an entry level cert.