ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Micro ATX/Media Centre

The Bus and MRT
  The Bus and MRT
The Asrock is OK but lots of reviews state it is fairly noisy. I bought a Acer Revo R3610 last week for £245 and it is working out great as a media player/streamer.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=471101

Fairly noisy I can deal with if it's no louder than my 360... The Acer looks a little strange to be sat underneath my TV and it looks the same spec as the AssRock but with a smaller HDD.

Krispwee... I do use my 360 and PS3 for streaming media but I want the pretty media centre pictures for my movies :D my media library is quite large now and is spread over a few laptops and USB drives. I want to put it all in one place, be able to do everything from one box (Browse the net, view iPlayer in HD and watch all the different movie formats) and for it to be easy to find what I want to watch.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you're not worried about noise then they are essentially the same with the exception of the Asrock does not come with a OS for the basic price.

Have a look for a cheap 2nd hand MacMini.

Perfect for what you need. I wanted exactly the same as you, pretty covers etc! lol.. Plex is what I used for OSX. Really great bit of software.

Citroen DS3 DSport
XBMC is great for indexing all media files and automatically importing coverart and episode/film info.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Fairly noisy I can deal with if it's no louder than my 360... The Acer looks a little strange to be sat underneath my TV and it looks the same spec as the AssRock but with a smaller HDD.

Krispwee... I do use my 360 and PS3 for streaming media but I want the pretty media centre pictures for my movies :D my media library is quite large now and is spread over a few laptops and USB drives. I want to put it all in one place, be able to do everything from one box (Browse the net, view iPlayer in HD and watch all the different movie formats) and for it to be easy to find what I want to watch.

the 360 does covers for all your movies in the movie library for all file types.. you just put the cover in the same folder and name it folder.jpg Also using xml files etc will automatically grab cover art, synopsis etc

heres mine on 360 for example:
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
mine does that too when you click on a film/episode etc :p

jo3y:I see, in that case wise purchase!

Last edited:
  The Bus and MRT
Fixx... that's running as a Media centre extender though. My PC is poo and is connected wirelessly so it never worked properly and I had to resort to using a USB drive in the front of the 360.

The Bus and MRT
Never had any problems with OC and I used to use them a lot when I lived back near Stoke... maybe they've gone down hill. Cheers for the advice though, think I'll get it from Microdirect to be safe (plus it's a fiver cheaper from them :) )