ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin pilot ps3 or pe2?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Need couple for the front.

Which are the preferred choice? Looking at 195 50 15

Almost same price any suggestions which ones to choose?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im sure you can not buy the PE2s anymore mate.
The last pair i bought for the rear of mine came in a H speed raiting which i think is 130 mph, thats fine for the road use my car gets.

Last edited:
  clio 182 trophy
Pe2's were like gold dust when i bought the trophy. That was like 5 years ago. Where have you seen them?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Anyway PH2s are old hat now, if it was me then id be buying the PS3's. I saw them in Costco on Friday night, looked good.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
PE2's in 205/45/16 are no longer and have not been for ages.
If you manage to find one its more than likely been sitting on a shelf for years.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
PE2 is the better tyre IMO (I've got both on shoes for the Cup) and they are still available in 195/50/15 for cheaps

clio 182 trophy
Anyway PH2s are old hat now, if it was me then id be buying the PS3's. I saw them in Costco on Friday night, looked good.
Have to disagree with you there. The pe2's were perfect. I don't rate the ps3's anywhere near as much. All in my opinion of course.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Event tires have both in stock in 15s haven't checked the speed ratings but it doesn't go on track so won't see 130 plus anyway

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive just checked on Camskill and Blackcircles and both only stock the H rated.

As i said i have PE2's on my PH1.

I have PS3's all round, I noticed that they're a bit noisier (more road noise for some reason) than the PS's I had on it before :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Technically the Clio requires a V speed rated tyre but an H will be fine for everyday use