ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metallic whine between 4000-4500rpm, whats the cause you reckon?

182 Blue Top
Hello chaps...

Under the impression that the dephaser will need changing at some point as I dont think its been done with the cambelt but it doesnt sound nearly half as bad as some of the youtube videos you hear but I digress...

When slowly revving the engine (from warm) to around 4000rpm and then to 4500rpm a metallic whine kicks in , quite high pitched then completely dissapears and the engine sounds normal again. This is also apparent when accelerating...overtaking in 3rd for example.

Im assuming to remotely even half guess whats wrong with the bugger im going to need a video with some sound I guess? I live in east sussex/kent border , are there any competant renault mechanics in the area that I could take it to to asses the issue.

Might take it out for a run now and show ya what it sounds like when its warmed up.

182 Blue Top
Mine was the metal alternator bracket, where it bolts to the engine.

Yuno what... that might just be it! I posted a thread a while ago...(but im sure its not the exhaust as the noise is definetely coming from the engine bay)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-size-in-engine-bay-on-support-rod&highlight=

Does this look like it might be the culprit? I Could do with bolting that in but have no idea what bolt size it might be.. at least if I could sort that niggle I could at least count it out when fault finding if it remains.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's exactly what needs a bolt in it, PM Danny at 519 on here and ask him what size bolt as he put one in mine and fixed the problem is about 30 seconds.