ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

metal monkey dials pictures

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i am supposed to be recieving my vaglia RT stainless steel dials this week hopefully, i will have the first prototype set, and the 16v dials come with the main clocks and the 3 extra dials in the set.

if you want any others made if u list the models, i will get on to the people and have some sets made, take 6-8 weeks for the prototypes to be finished, and the retail version takes 3 weeks after the prototype is made.

the RT dials will be availible to buy in around 3 weeks.

depending on what dials u have, if u have sagem the rt sagem dials are ready now i think, but the vaglia dials will as said above be 3 more weeks.

wow! they look qualtiy with those blue LEDs, did you change the leds behind the dials then???

& it looks like theres a few blackspots on the clocks like the blue leds aint lighting up the whole of the dial??

Yeah I changed the bulbs for LEDs, just a straight swap.

The dark areas of the dials are because LEDs only produce a 30 beam of light, so you dont get as much area lit as you would with normal bulbs.

The only other problem is that the LEDs dont produce enough light to illuminate the needles on the main dials, but you can usually estimate your speed.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

tell u an easy way to sort out your lighting, if u get the super bright blue leds they will be powerfull enuf, then get a bit of sand paper and sand the plastic part of the led all over, that will difuse the light and give it a wider viewing area.

not all clocks have got clear plastic housing behind them. Some have orange plastic which means they would just light up murky green or something.

Question, those who have fitted blue LEDs, what colour did your dials light up to start with ie before you fitted them?

cheers

Yeah, I have clear plastic at the back of my dials, so I opted for white numbers (so I could fiddle about, putting diferent coloured LEDs in whenever I felt like it).

Thats why my dials are blue now, but used to be white.

if you have the orangey yellowy plastic the apparently they light up a horriable browny colour with the blue backing but any other colour is fine mine look cool in the dark

jaimie