ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

Fiesta ST-2
Maybe change you're style of play/load out. Missions are only repetitive if chose to tackle them the same way each time.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm up to mission 17 I think and I'm bored of it. Not actually played it for 3 weeks, I want to finish it like all the other MGS games but I am finding it to repetitive and prefer the old style format of MGS.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong but it is very repetitive.

Sneak up on a guard, interrogate him, chock him out, Fulton him, repeat until you've captured a base / guard post. Move to the next base / guard post and repeat.

The only way to mix it up is to "go in loud" and lethal. But the game penalises you for it, especially in the missions.

Has anyone else noticed how easy the main missions are?

I've managed to S rank most missions without really trying.

Episode 30 "Skull face" is supposed to be a massive mission in the game. I completed it in under 3 minutes and got S rank. All I used is 2 smoke grenades and a jeep lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This is available on Ps Store for 29.99.
Worth a purchase?
I've not really played the metal gear solid games before but have heard lots about them

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's only 33 on Amazon
So I won't panic with buying it off Ps Store whilst it's on offer
I'll look into getting it though

Ph 1 172
So is everyone still playing this or have you done what I did which is play it religpusly for weeks and then just stop because of the story at the end???

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Cyborg ninja suit is fun for all of 5 minutes.

I've finished it, was ace at the beginning and crap after chapter one.

I don't think I'll be playing it again. Not after purchasing fallout anyway

Honda. Tesla Someday
Looks like Konami is dead in the water now that 'Kojima Productions' has been formed! So excited that I ended up making a video! Hope you all enjoy the start of this vid, was a joy to make lol!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Looks like Konami is dead in the water now that 'Kojima Productions' has been formed! So excited that I ended up making a video! Hope you all enjoy the start of this vid, was a joy to make lol!

There seems to be an issue where the video pauses from 2mins 10secs to 2mins 22secs. Absolutely gutted about this and no idea why it's happened. The render was 100% perfect so this does seem to be a YouTube issue. Apologies for the lost 12 seconds. All I said in those 12 seconds was that Kojima Productions is in a partnership with Sony. I hope this sorts itself out on YouTube I put so much time in to this :(

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just started this (well a few days ago).

Didn't like it much at the start, but now I'm hooked, once you start to be able to develop motherbase and acquire better weapons it really gets good.

Took me a while to perfect stealth too, on this game it's tough and vital and I can be a bit impatient.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Plat'd, took 194 hours in total - although some of that was spent leaving the game on to process materials.

Truly incredible game. The repeated missions didn't feel repetitive, the multipliers made them better. Never got bored.