ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metadata for movie files

E39 530i
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get all my media ready for Plex, I have a shed load of avi files with missing metadata. I'm trying to get it looking and displaying all the correct film information per film. Can't find a good free metadata editor. Anyone know of any software which will get my media looking great?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I use MetaX (I think).

If you google for a thread I started in apple chat, that should help hopefully.

Rav4
You don't need anything else you donut for plex!!!

Plex scrapes all your data and uses IMDB for it.

Just make sure you have the right folder structure for it, have a look at their site for how it should be.

If for some reason it doesn't pick it up right, you can edit it through plex.

E39 530i
You don't need anything else you donut for plex!!!

Plex scrapes all your data and uses IMDB for it.

Just make sure you have the right folder structure for it, have a look at their site for how it should be.

If for some reason it doesn't pick it up right, you can edit it through plex.

Cava nice to heard fro myou,HA! Ok Ok, I'll check it out.

I thought Plex was like XBMC. If so, you don't need anything, it searches a database based on the filename.

At least that's what it did with mine.

Sometimes you have to be specific about the year I've noticed, like Total Recall 2012, as opposed to just Total Recall, as it might find the Arnie version.