ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Melted Exhaust trim! Failing exhaust hanger the cause?

Clio 182 FF
hi Guys

Just got back from a quick spin and noticed the exhaust trim has melted :mad:. Can I order these from Renault? do they just unclip?

th_Photo002_zpsc2cccba0.jpg

Got it up on the stands as I needed to find a leak aswell and found this? Would this the cause for it to move so much? the other mounts look ok.

th_Photo005_zps16972b07.jpg

And here is my bodge fix till I can get a new hanger. Hopefully wont melt as I need to drive about 600 miles this week!
th_Photo011_zpsdaf4ede3.jpg

Also how easy is it to replace this clamp as its been leaking since a friend fitted my replacement mid section. Also what do i need to ask for when ordering this part?

th_Photo006_zpsd04ffe89.jpg

275 Trophy
I think the mount in your 2nd picture has completely failed, and this has made the exhaust drop in this section, resulting in it pivoting upwards at the tailpipe, thus melting your trim.

Your bodge may work, or may melt. Can you tie it up with any wire for now?

Clio 182 FF
Unfortunatly I havent got anything in the toolbox more suitable, im half tempted to drop it off with a garage on Monday am an hope they can sort something same day.