ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguirs 3 stage

M

mouthyman

has anyone got any pics of the finished result after using the 3 stage meguirs polish kit, i would like to see what sort of difference it makes and how good it is? thanks

Williams 2
probably going to be giving mine the full treatment this weekend, i'll post some pics up then;). Tis some good sh*t though!

Last edited:
Agree with that - I did my roof about 3 months ago and you can still see the shine, even though I've only washed the car about once since then! lol

Remapped derv Golf
The 3 stage is ok but there are better products in the meguiars range. The step 1 (cleaner) is quite good but really needs claying before hand. The step 2 (polish) isn't up to much really imo and step 3 (wax) isn't very tough compared to their #16 mirror glaze.

Williams 2
Mondial172 said:
The 3 stage is ok but there are better products in the meguiars range. The step 1 (cleaner) is quite good but really needs claying before hand. The step 2 (polish) isn't up to much really imo and step 3 (wax) isn't very tough compared to their #16 mirror glaze.

Much agreed m8, planning on getting some of the Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System and P21S® Concours Carnauba Wax this weekend, to give that ago. Must admit, the step 3 wax does not seem to last that long:(.

M

mouthyman

can someone recommend me some to use then, im looking for a very high shine, (not really more than 3 steps though) and im not sure how to use the clay.

106 GTi
Imo Autoglym Super Resin and then there Extra Gloss Look and last better.

The stage 3 set up from Megs, lacks any real polishing ability.

I would most likey do.

Megs Clay
Megs Stage 1 Paint cleaner
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
and then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection or Meguiars NXT

If you want to use easily obtainable stuff.

200 cup (van blanc)
i bit the bullet and got some autoglym shampoo and super resin polish last weekend (i have always just used turtle wax cheapo stuff)
anyway , you get what u pay for!! easy to use - very little effort and maximum results - i wiah i had got this stuff sooner!!
i waxed it on sunday and it still looks great today!!!

Tis is my 1.2 which I used Meguiars 3 Stage on..

Just wash, and 3 Stage.. :)

3stage1.jpg

3stage2.jpg

ollllld pics! lol

Haven't heard from mini_K for a while - hope it's still going well! :)

Claybar is good as well, definitely worth doing in conjunction with the 3 stage :cool:

Remapped derv Golf
r-jay said:
Megs Clay
Megs Stage 1 Paint cleaner
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
and then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection or Meguiars NXT

Done that minus the clay on my uncles Cossie and the results weren't half bad.

Remapped derv Golf
I find Meguiars #21 is the dogs as a sealant (before wax) but it might be a bit expensive for some people.

r-jay - the black gold of yours, looks like a shiny black jack sweet (the ones you had as a kid) :clown: