ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs APC spray bottle

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Got a couple of spray bottles one being for APC but cant work out the mix rate on the side. It has a 4:1 and a 10:1 line but does not say how much APC I should put in to get the right rate can any one help as I am mixing it in another bottle at the mo ???

Thanks

Megane R26
Ok, you fill it up with water to the respective line, then top up with APC to the bottom of the neck of the bottle :)

Personally Russ (and probs just OCD) I would fill APC then water, purely for mixing purposes. Granted most give it a good old shake, but this method can be used straight away as the water filling the bottle creates a mixing effect :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
but if you do that JD then your mix wont be correct unless you have added your own marks to the bottle, opposite to the printed ones

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
but if you do that JD then your mix wont be correct unless you have added your own marks to the bottle, opposite to the printed ones
I believe that's called ownage Jamie boy!

A Flamin' Red one
I'm with Jamie. I'd get through FAR too much of the stuff if I filled the whole bottle with it. Unless you all actually wash your car with the stuff?!

Titanium 182
If you put APC in first depending on how you put the water in it foams up and you don't get enough water in :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Erm, i've got it marked with pen. I fill it to a line i've done, then top it up to the 4:1 line. It's over anal tho, you could apply it neat to no ill effect.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I'll just fill it untill it gets to that "meh" point, looking about 1/4 of the bottle. Then top up with water

I believe that's called ownage Jamie boy!

I believe that's called not thinking about it . . .

It doesn't matter about which way around you do it, regarding the marks :S If a bottle has ten marks on it and you are doing let's say 1:10 then you either fill up 9 with water, then last one with chemical, or 1 with chemical then last 9 with water :S

How is that not simple? Water last has the desired effect of mixing the chemicals due to the flow of water . . . :S

My bottles don't have marks on them, I use common sense to see what is 1:10 ish. Nothing needs to be that precise.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
pfttt....As a fit for purpose product, takin into account price and usage...AUTOSMART probably.

not sure why this is but i think the OP was asking about the printed Megs APC bottle which does have markings on for different dilutions

Ah, mine are just standard bottles fella, so no markings.

Hadn't realised that he was asking about APC specific bottles :)

A Flamin' Red one
At the end of the day, an All Purpose Cleaner is an All Purpose Cleaner. Diluted, not diluted, it does the same thing once you start working it into the desired area - dilution will just make your supply last longer!

People buy the Megs APC because they're usually shopping for other products online and it's handy to purchase things all at once/can't be bothered to research other alternatives.

Lol.

Megs side lock brush, load of ones that I bought off of ebay a while ago. About a tenner for five or six brushes.

Be careful with paint brushes, they can have metal parts on that destroy paint work!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

Megs side lock brush, load of ones that I bought off of ebay a while ago. About a tenner for five or six brushes.

Be careful with paint brushes, they can have metal parts on that destroy paint work!!!
Lol I saw my boss using one on his porsche Jamie! Hadn't even covered that little brass part or anything! He's a hazard!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SW brush is good for wheel/bolt holes. AS brush for backs. And Megs sidelock is all i use tbh!