ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

meggy engine into PH1... FAO sideways danny etc...

Qashcow
as per title, how easy?

basically, i dont want a new car and do want something a little different. i've had the car 4 years and have no intention of ever selling. im not after ITB's and although love the scream etc of them, i feel i'd be bored after a few months (too many people i know with them are either bored or wish they hadnt spent the money) it's already making 192bhp so ITB's would only give me minimum increase for lots of bish.

it would be a self build, sadly the only engine ive ever taken apart was a lawn mower 10 years ago lol. im not scared of getting dirty and learning, but dont have deep pockets

im not really looking for opinions on ktec kits blah blah.

ECU would be a TDF EC1, however i dont even know how much wiring would be needed to make it run.

would i be best off using the standard block and rebuilding it with meggy 225 head and pistons etc like in Andyrg's project thread?

ITB'd MK1
so many options....give me a call if you want. Rebuilding with meggy internals is a good shout, but there's disadvantages to using meggy parts too (like the odd fitment exhaust manifold meaning upgrade turbos are harder to find)

340i
re-build your original lump with megane internals..

Speak to Paul at RStuning about his new custom 2.0bar pistons, combine with cat rods..

Hello 300bhp / 900kg :)

Qashcow
thanks for the helpful input Kieran ;)

edit: ah, some actual useful info on the 2nd post lol

cheers danny, can you PM me your number, only got facebook jazz.

im going to start making a shopping list and just start getting on with, it will just be a pipe dream otherwise. if i get the parts then i'll get bored one thursday evening and start doing it :) i've had the idea in my head for about 2 years or so now, but meggy parts are getting cheaper/ a little more available 2nd hand etc

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
TBH for how much it would cost to but a second hand 225 lump then to have the head machined and a custom down pipe made, I'd just pay the little bit extra and get the forged rods and pistons for your current set up. Then you'll have a better choice of turbos and everything is available off the shelf from Ktec or Engine dynamics should you get stuck.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
The difference is the size of the block and as such the JC5 gearbox doesn't fit the F4RT block, but it's a nice thought :)

260% JCW
Size as in height? A taller block? Are any of the parts the same?

I remember When i converted my Fiesta to Puma power it was great, costed me 1300 notes for everything i need'd.

If only the Clio were the same:cry:

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
It's the bell housing is larger on the F4RT block as it uses the ND0 gearbox, apart from that the crank, rod's, piston's etc.. are all interchangeable even the cylinder heads can be swapped with a little machining.

260% JCW
Could you not use the 172 stock block with the F4RT head and bit's ect with some minor mods?

Wish i knew as much stuff about Renault as i do Ford.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Having tried it, I don't think its as "value for money" as people perceive. If you could drop it straight in with the ND0 gearbox then that would reduce the costs quite a bit but it seems no ones actually tried it clio 1*2

Qashcow
maybe i need to shove a F4RT with meggy 6 speed into the car. i dont mind bashing s**t out the firewall/floor/anything thin and metalic.

ive heard a comment last week from someone that the 6 speed is weak, but it cant be that bad, espcially if powering a 940kg car instead of a megane?

i wonder how much wiring would be needed to make that work...

intercoolers/ pipework/ exhaust fitting all a piece of piss for me to get my head round, the fueling and wiring is where i'll struggle

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Just ditch the OE loom and get a stand alone ecu.

As for gearbox issues allegedly the JC5 cant take the standard power of a 1*2, yet mine took a full day of hammering round Mallory and I'm putting out 341bhp. It all comes down to how you drive the car, if you smash it through the gears expect trouble :)

Qashcow
yeah i know, i learnt at the age of 17 how to use a gearbox lol, minced through 2 in my mk2 golf and couldnt afford it, 8 years later i have give anything mechanical an easy time, even on track.

would start with new ECU anyway, not going to try and make it work with OEM

DMS

A thirsty 172
The JC5 boxes are fine. It's a rumour started by people who have zero mechanical sympathy.

260% JCW
yes, that was the original question in the first post ;)
Thanks for that Danny

When it comes to the wires and ecu, does the Meg engine loom split like the Clio one?

Could you not use the Meg loom and ecu and make a few mod's?

Different car i know but when i converted the Fezza, most of the loom was similar to the Puma. The Puma ecu even pluged into the same plug as the Fezza ecu. Just had to ***** about with the front half of the loom, fuse box relays ect.