ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meggy 225 engine info - help needed

Car SOLD :-(
Hi Guys

Hoping to pick your brains on behalf of a friend.
He's got the chance of a Meggy 225 engine which he's planning on putting in a '5' turbo shell:eek: . He's very technically minded (unlike me:eek: ), and apparently it has been done once before by a french guy (so getting info is proving difficult).

Question:

Is the block common to any other engine?

Apparently the sticking point may be running a 5sp box to it instead of the 6sp, so if it was fitted to something else in a similar guise with a 5sp box that info would be of great help.

Thanks

Adam

Its sort of a normal f4R block but beefed up for turbo work with bigger engine as its a 800 series bottom end.

No simple box realy exists just the 6 speed IMO else you need to get adapter plates etc in which case IMO use a none renault bpox in which case IMo forget th hastle and use a nne renault engine and box there loads of cheap turbo stuff out there which is strong.

Ummmm, cheers edde. Hear what you're saying about other manufacturers engines. He thought this made more financial sense than putting a 172 lump in and turbo'ing it, the madman wants LOTS of power as its going to be a track wh*re

clio 200 F4Rt
the engine was used in the Val Satis too? wasnt it?

did that run a 6 speed box? or was it a 5 speed?

Lionel Richie
PK6 box (V6 box)
you can also use a PK5 (mastervan type, used in laguas i believe)

ND0 is the smallest

CB600FS
225 / Meganes don't use a Laguna 1.9 (sorry V6 Clio) box they use the ND0 which is totally different.

If hes putting a F4RT in surely he could sqeeze a 6 speed box in.

Lionel Richie
yes i know they don't but you CAN use them (vel satis 165 turbo uses the PK6 which is the same block at the 225)

ND0 would be the easy choice

doesnt that french one use a 5 speed box?
Yup, thats what his initial idea was

i have a brand new megane RS 6speed NDO gearbox for sale if he wants it, £500

Worth bearing in mind, cheers

yes i know they don't but you CAN use them (vel satis 165 turbo uses the PK6 which is the same block at the 225)

ND0 would be the easy choice

^^^ Cheers, should make sense to him.

Any further pearls of wisdom greatly appreciated:)

Lionel Richie
he can buy all my stuff off me if he wants? i have a vel satis engine complete (same engine, smaller turbo and lower compression ratio)

don't want much for it

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
225Engine.gif

:)

Ummmm, cheers edde. Hear what you're saying about other manufacturers engines. He thought this made more financial sense than putting a 172 lump in and turbo'ing it, the madman wants LOTS of power as its going to be a track wh*re
If he wants loads of power IMO get a engine with bits out there there loads of turbo cars wherre the bits exist for 500hp off the shelf near enough. the Renault boxes arn't up to big power abuse.