ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

meganes gone i now have a 197(now with extra ummffff)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
yup meggy has gone but iv now purchased a 197 <3
after 2 weeks of ownership this has happened :p

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Picture1183.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture1185.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture1184.jpg

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
yep owen's old one, hes the one that needs the credit as hes done it all, and not sure yet until paul has a tinker!

172 turbo 'cup'
When's it going to Paul's for mapping should be quick when done. I was talking to you when Owen and Andy we're doing my gearbox.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Should be quick. Why sell a 225, buy a 197 and then put a 225 engine in? I'd rather have the Meg tbh.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
ah yeah now then buddy! hows it going?, and asap when its all complete ill run it a few weeks and let him work his magic!

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
i loved my megane but i dont know always loved 197s just think they where low on power even as to a standard 172, and its different, plus ill get handling of the 197 and power of the meggy! win win!

172 turbo 'cup'
ah yeah now then buddy! hows it going?, and asap when its all complete ill run it a few weeks and let him work his magic!

Im alright mine's ran in now going to see Paul thursday for mine mapped.Your's should be nice when its sorted is Owen finished with it or has he still got a bit to do.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
cool bet it will be insane!! what power is expected?, love the subtleness of yours!, and just wiring left to complete :) he works very fast!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Will the extra weight of the Megane lump affect any of the handling/balance of the car? Or are there no real weight differences between them? Just trying to educate myself.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
same block/engine really just the turbo itself which really isnt much, so no should be as balanced as before

172 turbo 'cup'
cool bet it will be insane!! what power is expected?, love the subtleness of yours!, and just wiring left to complete :) he works very fast!

I noticed that aswell he's fast.I'll be happy if its around 270/280,mine just looks sort of standard till i put my foot down has shocked a few people. Bet you car'nt wait for your's back.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
best way "sleeper" bet youve had some fun! and good power!!, yeah i really cant wait!! hats off to owen like hes only had it since friday night lol

172 turbo 'cup'
best way "sleeper" bet youve had some fun! and good power!!, yeah i really cant wait!! hats off to owen like hes only had it since friday night lol

Had some great fun,bet he's been up all weekend working on it. I think he just love's working on car's i had a good laugh when he was doing my car really nice lad and know's his stuff.

looks good , i had a 197 and sold it after a few weeks as i felt it was to slow and there isnt much you can do to them , the chassis felt like it could handle much more power , great work to the guy who has fitted this , must be quite a good mechanic

172 turbo 'cup'
Owen s on here fitted the engine he had it in his 172 first but he's building another engine for his car .

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Had some great fun,bet he's been up all weekend working on it. I think he just love's working on car's i had a good laugh when he was doing my car really nice lad and know's his stuff.
Oh yes he had front end off within 30 mins!, really good worker, and spot on lad in general, would recommend to anyone!, And yeah goes into a 172 think it's actually easier, as you can use the 172 ecu and loom!I think his new project will be awesome when it's complete!!