ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Spliter & 172 Grill ON! :)

1.6 16v
So after washing the clio polishing using AG SRP, sealing using AG EGP and Waxing using Collinite 476s! I decided to fit my 172 grill and megane spliter. I really like both of the new mods added to the clio. What do you think??

Big thanks to Rich for the detailing advice and tips! :) Love the way its starting to look, cant wait to see what its like in the summer!

Big thanks to combine04, hrh_ricky, middo and all the other guys that have helped with the grill! :)

040-SMALL.jpg

035-SMALL.jpg

042-SMALL.jpg

037-SMALL.jpg

039-SMALL.jpg

038-SMALL.jpg

Cheers Steve :)

^^^meggy splitter

no worries steve sos not PMd you back yet will do in a sec

looks really good but just doesnt look like yours with the winter wheels on lol!

looks ace mate

jamie

1.6 16v
^^^meggy splitter

no worries steve sos not PMd you back yet will do in a sec

looks really good but just doesnt look like yours with the winter wheels on lol!

looks ace mate

jamie

I know what you mean about the winter wheels mate! Starting to get used to them now though. Got to wait a bit longer before the 17's come out again!

Steve

1.6 16v
How much was that splitter? What models it off? I really like it.

Car is very shiney too!

I got it FREE! :) Its a bit scrached tho tbh. I think its off the ones before the 2000 reg model if that helps. The ones that have the renault diamond on the grill not on the bonnet. Sorry!

I though that when i put it on if i like it i will buy a new clean one ready for the FCS07 :) But i still havent made my mind up between meggy or leguna spliters yet! lol. You will have to wait and see.

IBIZA one is not going back one! :) atm lol

Steve

Turbos.
I actually really like your car, but you seem to choose different splitters simply because you don't want to follow the herd. I appreciate that, but the reality is the Cup splitter owns.

Having said that the Megane one is no where near as bad as the skirting board you had on before ;)

1.6 16v
I actually really like your car, but you seem to choose different splitters simply because you don't want to follow the herd. I appreciate that, but the reality is the Cup splitter owns.

Having said that the Megane one is no where near as bad as the skirting board you had on before ;)

Glad u aprove mate :)

True about the skirting board, i must be getting old! :)

is dirty.
No problem..wasnt that much help I gave you..just got to be brutal with it! Car looks amazing btw! How long did you take cleaning it..very very shiny! :star:

1.6 16v
No problem..wasnt that much help I gave you..just got to be brutal with it! Car looks amazing btw! How long did you take cleaning it..very very shiny! :star:

Well it was dirty before washing it! Here are pictures:

043-SMALL.jpg

044-SMALL.jpg

It took 3 hours on friday washing, polishing, sealing, back to blacking and a bit of chrome cleaner ;)

Then sunday came and the seal had cured and then it was waxing time! :) Had to wash and dry first tho. So another 2.5 hours then!

Total of 5.5 hours and it looked like this! :)

045-SMALL.jpg

Big Thanks to Laura (my girlfriend) for the help in cleaning the car! :) Cuts the time down by half!

Steve

M

mini-valver

Looks awesome mate, was going to do my side badges exactly the same but guess ill have to think of something else now!
Spliiter looks good IMO.

Theres no need to thank me Ste, you know i love washing the car etc!

Adeyspec Racing - If you search for s garbett and his threads then you will find pics of the car with ibiza splitter on!

ralph wiggum - why you say its different?

The car has taken a few changes since FCS2006 and we are looking forward to FCS2007

We found the grill on ebay for £45 don't know if theres any on at the minute but always worth a try!

I think its a magnex oval exhust thats as much as i can tell you, Ste will tell you for defo or someone else will soon!

1.6 16v
You can get the grills off your local renault dealer for £36+VAT!

The exhaust is a Magnex 6x4 inch Oval. Why did i do that! :(

Here are a few pictures of when the ibiza spliter was on:

008-SMALL.jpg

004-SMALL.jpg

007-SMALL.jpg

001-SMALL.jpg

Steve :)

Clio 1.2 dynamique 16V
Car looks awesome! How did you get the bumpers painted? just take it to a paint shop? and did it cost much?
what was the model originaly? cheers!

1.6 16v
Car looks awesome! How did you get the bumpers painted? just take it to a paint shop? and did it cost much?
what was the model originaly? cheers!

Yeah got it done at a bodyshop, 200 quid for all bumpers, handles, wing mirror surrounds and scuttle panel

standard dynamique

Steve