ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane service history

BMW 118d
I was at the auctions yesterday and managed to buy a Megane for my bro. Its a 54 plate but doesn't have a service history with it. The onboard computer says it needs a service in 9,800 miles so I presume its been done fairly recently. Does anybody know the service intervals on them? Its a 1.6 by the way. Also if the servicing has been done at Renault, do they have a central database that can be checked as to when its been done, and if I get a new service book would my local dealer stamp it up for the last services?

Cheers for your help

CB600FS
18k or 2 years whichever comes sooner, the later petrols have now gone onto 18k or 1 year due to environmental shite. Take the reg to any Renault dealership and they'll be able to tell you when its had services (if done in the network)

Only major area of concern on that engine is camshaft dephasers, aswell as the odd pencil coil.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It may not have been serviced, the servicing light/reminder can be reset by anyone. all you have to do is push a button.

I'd get it done to be sure, even if you just do an oil and a filter.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i have a blank service book if you want one, incase renault charge you a fortune, i can send you some pics of it, im after £5

CB600FS
Thought the newer ones were 12k/1yr? Sure my mum's is.

All 54 plates will be on the 18k/2 yr Ben, how new is your mums?

Not getting confused with the free 9k Intermediate checkover which they abolished rather sharpish?

BMW M135i
Its an 06 plate, am probably wrong just thought it had changed. Have always done all my own stuff but she has to have the book stamped for the warrenty obviously.