ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane scenic 53plate rear pad change

172 cup
Hi there.

Just fitted some rear pads on a mates megane scenic. Did the ns rear fine but when tightening the wheels bolts after doing the os rear i noticed the car was moving as the handbrake was off. On start up i was greeted with brake failure as i was pumping brakes!! maybe should have pumped before start up??

Anyway started up again, the fault had cleared and the handbrake was fine. I've done rear pads on a car before with a normal handbrake but this handbrake was electronic. Do you think the fault was just where i hadnt pumped the brakes before start up??

Megane dci 130
Always pump the brake pedal before actuating the EPB. The fault came up because the levers were pulled on 100% and the ecu wasn't recognising any force on the motor.

172 cup
Yeah thought it was because didnt pump first. Is it just because the piston wasnt in contact with the pads that made that fault come up??

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Your supposed to switch the epb off before doing rear pads.
ignition on
pull lever and press button at the same time
light flashes
ignition off
Carry out repairs
pump pedel and switch handbrake on and off

172 cup
^^^ thanks, i'll remember that for next time :S As said with a normal handbrake you just let it off and carry out repairs. Never done a electronic one before.

Megane dci 130
Your supposed to switch the epb off before doing rear pads.
ignition on
pull lever and press button at the same time
light flashes
ignition off
Carry out repairs
pump pedel and switch handbrake on and off

All that is doing is releasing the handbrake. It would be pretty difficult to change the pads if you didnt do this.

172 cup
Yeah it was difficult. didnt know it was electronic till got in the car after!! He already had it in the air when i come round to help lol. Anyway lesson learned an all that.

Thanks.