ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane Coupe Detail

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seein as mods were getting arsey about where to put detailin threads i thought i'd fire it in here?!

Anyway, Had Ryan's coupe on the job card this mornin! Arrived shortly after 9:30 and we were finished in time to fire up to the CS meet at 7.

Quote from ryan - Yeh the cars in pretty good shape! ;)
Yeh, it is now! lol

Anyway, set about giving it a good shot, i was aware it was going to be a difficult detail so i didn't expect the best results.

The process was similar in parts but the products used were alot more aggressive.

Ok before pics. - Very squirly, bird crap etchings, repainted bits, scuffs and scraches.

IslayJurasept07003.jpg

IslayJurasept07006.jpg

IslayJurasept07007.jpg

IslayJurasept07008.jpg

Car was foamed with CG stong body wash and left to dwell while we fetched the bacon rolls! - Cheers ryan.

After washin with CG citrus shampoo the car was clayed. After just half the bonnet the clay looked like this

IslayJurasept07009.jpg

Car was rinced again and dried with waffel towels.

I think as soon as you clay the car it looks it's worst imo...But at the same time we could identify where all the marks were and this was noted down.

Pics of the bonnet before polishin.

IslayJurasept07011.jpg

after

IslayJurasept07020.jpg

Wing before

IslayJurasept07021.jpg

after

IslayJurasept07022.jpg

Boot before

IslayJurasept07024.jpg

after

IslayJurasept07025.jpg

Nearside wing before

IslayJurasept07026.jpg

After

IslayJurasept07027.jpg

Car was polished with CG-3 Heavy duty compound. 3 test patches were done, the 1st was 3.02 IP, improvement but no great, 1500grit diamond cut was the 2nd before settling on the CG-3.

It's not something i like using as it's seriously aggresive, but it worked out ok imo. Apply'd on a 4/6in Edge spot pad! 3 of them! lol

Anyway, finer details inc, tyres - blackfire gel, Blitz sealant and Pete's 53 and Ag bumper care.

Final results...Not bad...Could of done with another day but heyho!

Ali

IslayJurasept07029.jpg

IslayJurasept07031.jpg

IslayJurasept07033.jpg

IslayJurasept07035.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
For sure! - All the pics show up? My comp is bein a pain in the tits tonite!

Civic Vtec y0
Ali is a legend!

The car looks great! I just need to make it run great now lol

I tried to upload my pics last night but my comp froze just as I was about finish and I couldnt be gassed doing it again lol!

Yes the clay was white lol

And no, dont really want to get a exhaust coz the excessive motorway driving i do!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks like you got some great results Ali, Was full correction obtained?

nope...Not even close, a vast improvement but not a full correction, i was thinkin last nite, even if i had another day i'm not sure i'd get rid of all the imperfections. A stonger cut than what i was usin was in danger of going through the clearcoat...And to be fair i wasn't goin to risk it.

I need to learn/practice wet sanding, there were a number of bumps and bruises on the car which i couldn't remove, that wet sandin most likely could...

Saxo :(
Understandable, do you use the PC/UDM or a Rotary to do your work? to wet sand efficiently I think it makes more sense to look in aid of a rotary.

It's a shame no amount of photo's can explain what detailing involves, you have your good cars and then you have your bad cars what can be a complete ball ache to work on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Understandable, do you use the PC/UDM or a Rotary to do your work? to wet sand efficiently I think it makes more sense to look in aid of a rotary.

It's a shame no amount of photo's can explain what detailing involves, you have your good cars and then you have your bad cars what can be a complete ball ache to work on.

Very true mate! And i'm rubbish at takin pics! I only do arty farty shots! lol

Yep, considering getting a panel or 2 from the scrappy and practicin on them.

I'm still on a PC, it has it's limits, but still a good tool imo.