ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 front brake help

BG 182 FF
Need some help...

What amount (e.G. 5mm) needs to be machined off the mounting face surface of the brembo calliper to fit with 280mm standard discs?

I can get them machined at my work, so just need to know a value!

Also is there any drawings or measurements of the bracket? really i only need to know the PCD of the original mount the PCD of the brembos mounting points and also the thickness of the bracket.

Regards

Ben

RS2004
There's no definite answer. Caliper needs to be machined 5mm if height from bracket fixing bolt center to caliper mounting face is 16mm. If height is 18mm for instance, caliper needs 7mm machining. Most ready made bracket will be 16mm though so 5mm need to be shaved off the caliper.

Caliper bolt center distance is 130mm, bracket mounting is 142mm, caliper fixing bolt/stud center to mounting plane on the hub is generally 12mm but 11.8mm is best for perfect centering of the disk (crucial if used with original disk).

BG 182 FF
There's no definite answer. Caliper needs to be machined 5mm if height from bracket fixing bolt center to caliper mounting face is 16mm. If height is 18mm for instance, caliper needs 7mm machining. Most ready made bracket will be 16mm though so 5mm need to be shaved off the caliper.

Caliper bolt center distance is 130mm, bracket mounting is 142mm, caliper fixing bolt/stud center to mounting plane on the hub is generally 12mm but 11.8mm is best for perfect centering of the disk (crucial if used with original disk).

Hi Phil,

Firstly thanks for for your response!

These are the brackets I was going to make: http://www.cliors-concept.com/t47130-RS1-RS2-RS3-Dimensions-cales-pour-montage-trier-BREMBO.htm

so from what you have said I would need to machine 5mm with that design and replace the 11mm dimension that is shown with 11.8?

RS2004
Exactly 11mm needs to be 11.8.

As for the 5mm, this design puts the mounting face 18.5mm away from the bolt center (33-14.5), if you do it like shown, it will translate to 7.5mm machining on the calipers. 7mm should be best as the dimensions I gave above may put the pads just a tad below the optimum, 0.5mm higher would be just perfect.

BG 182 FF
Lovely job Phil, so what face would I have to reduce by 2mm to get it down to only 5mm machined ?

Cheers
Ben

BG 182 FF
So the other parameters stay the same for example the 5mm step and 14.5mm from bottom to center mounting hole ?

BG 182 FF
I don't suppose you know the minimum internal diameter of the alloy wheel to run these brembos with 15" wheels ?

RS2004
There's no answer to that. Any 15" wheel will fit providing you use thick enough spacer to clear the inside rib and have the caliper sit in the increased diameter pass the rib. Then, you can as I did grind the top of the caliper to clear the rib (I use 5mm thick spacer to clear the spokes and have ground 4mm on the calipers to clear the rib (and have some clearance) on speedline 2118).