ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane 1.6 lump

i can get a decent 1.6 16v megane engine for about £300, need to know if its gonna fit in easily?

would there be much improvement over my existing 1.4 8v engine? do you reckon its worth it?

why??! no engine swap is easy, i know that, but what i meant was how much extra stuff will have to go with it? any idea if its a multi point sys? can i use the existing loom ?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

It will be better over the rt engine more power and torque(which is the main thing) pluss you use the rt gearbox and drive shafts. The 1.6 8v is an energy like the 1400 so fitting is v.easy. The only problem I see is the fact that its mpi rather the the rts spi.

best bet is to ring Nick at Hillpower as hes done this conversion before and can tell you any problems that you might incounter.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Sorry just seen youve put 1.6 16v engine. Umm well it has been done before some guy on renault tuning com has put a 1.6 16v laguna engine in his.

Should shift a bit with this engine in 110bhp.

would the conversion be harderwith the 16v compared to the 8v?

i will give nick a ring, at least the driveshafts and box are the same!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i found one for £150 with 30k on the clock. Ill see if I can find the scrapyard number. I rang 40 odd that day so probably not

lol-alotcheaper thanmine.gonna talk to nick about whatwould need to be taken over, though if the 16v is a hard (and expensive) conversion i might not bother!

the motor for £150 - was that an 8v?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the bloke said it was a 16v. Why not shove a clio 16v engine in. They go for around £350-£400 and would piss on a megane 1.6

yeah but wouldnt i have to take the driveshafts, hubs, loom? and idunno if it would make any difference but isnt the valver a multipoint inj. system? if so is the transplant for that tricky?

im wellup for this but need to know what size job this is first!