ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Gold Megan the 16v Dynamique (pic heavy)

LY R27
hi, since ive been a member on here for a couple of years i think its only fair i make a thread of what ive been up to

when i was in my early teens i started karting, in a rotax max using a solo chassis, then my car history started with a 1.2 clio grande that ended up with a ph 1 172 kit on it and carbon bonnet, the list goes on to be fair!
i quickly gained the name Mr Neon - though they didnt last too long!
heres a couple of pics

SDC11883.jpg

SDC11759.jpg

SDC11880.jpg

SDC11761.jpg

29498_425479405361_526400361_547818.jpg

SDC11665.jpg

26284_420210567888_597627888_521217.jpg

26284_420210577888_597627888_521217.jpg

DSC06877.jpg

DSC06371.jpg

SDC10995.jpg

LOL

now for my 2nd car, the meg, my log book came through yesturday, so i could finally tax it and get it on the road - i love it
its a 1.6 dynamique with panaramic roof, leather seats, traction control, climate control heated seats, 6 CD changer and the list goes on, i think its got most of the optional extras.
bought it with only 54000 miles - considering its age, i dont think thats too bad

DSC00743-1.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

first things first, i needed some carbon back in my life
so these bits
DSC00730-1.jpg

to these via carbon skinning:
DSC00932.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

008-2.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

done by extremeinferno on cliosport

then changed all the interior lights to white! using MTEC bulbs (not LEDs prone to flickering) from hids direct

DSC00720.jpg

these 182 wheels came up cheep and they are the same stud fitment as the meg, so couldnt say no :)

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

(cheaky meganesport decal in the window :p)

need some 16" tyres though, so PM me if you have any for sale :D
i cant deal with no AUX socket so bought a connect 2 adaptor, plus RCA converter and loom extention to convert myself. looks quite professional IMO :D

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

the CD changer will soon be for sale, and am in need of a tray to replace it, again PM me if you have any or want the CD changer and make me an offer :)
mods to come:
- slight tints on the rear
- Double DIN pioneer stereo and GPS
- false floor in boot with complete JL set up including 2 amps and Carbon sheet to cover the lot
- removal of MEGANE badge
- quality bumper sticker
- ITG filter
- ph 2 clocks and dash lighting (to change from Orange to White)
- maybe 225 front bumper
- if they come up cheap, genuine Xenons
there was more, but i forget!
hope you like it C + C welcome

BROCKY :)

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Where do you get things carbon skinned? Have you got any details of the company?

LY R27
SDC11665.jpg

knew id seen it somewhere before thats my integra in the background lol

lol, i actually remember the integra being there that day! i was the one who covered the track in gearbox oil!

Nasty dent on the meg's NS wheel arch?

it looks worst than it actually is, i might get it taken out, this is the only damage on the whole car - not too bad IMO

LY R27
so, havent posted an update in a while as there hasnt been much going on! just mostly looking for parts/tires etc etc!
anyways got a JL audio sub at long last w6 along with a box to house this in and a matched amp to power it
the evential plan is to sink this into the floor with a carbon fibre top and a perspex window, but a little way off that yet! jsut completed the wiring and its in is the main thing!
anyways onto the important bit! PICTURES :)
69b4bc8c.jpg

size comparison hehe (pint glass)
1935e9d3.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

the state of behind my glove box (RCA converter and IPOD converter box
DSC01015.jpg

to create this neat set up :) my iphone just about stands up right with no wires being pulled on :)
DSC01017.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

then the winter came along with a serious amount of whoring!
DSC01031.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

MY FAVORITE OF THE BUNCH
DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

_DSC1425.jpg

things were starting to look up when my exhaust split at the join of the centre box to the tail pipe :( bad times - but a cheep fix at a local exhaust custom manufacturer :)
2a347c58.jpg

and today - my wheels came out of refurb and my rubber came - only too right it should all be fitted :)
can see how my sub is set up for the time being too
running 40 profile falkens on the front and 45 marshals on the back
_DSC1592.jpg

_DSC1591.jpg

_DSC1590.jpg

_DSC1589.jpg

_DSC1593.jpg

and the finished result of the day
_DSC1594.jpg

10309cc9.jpg

can someone say archgap :p
maybe the profile on the front is a little too small!
i may lower it a tad to get rid of the emence arch gap!
anyways im going to get back onto EXTREMEINFERNO to try and persuade him to carbon skin the radio surround/climate control surround to match the blancing plate :)
along with ph2 rear lights etc etc etc etc same list as previous post!
c+c welcome
and before you FLAME and say lower lower lower! I KNOW ITS MEGA ARCH GAP for the time being!
Brocky :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!!!

Why have you fitted Clio tyres onto a megane??? That looks epic!! Hahaha!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't stop looking at it. Did the tyre fitters not say anything??

LY R27
the 225 comes standard with the same wheels as the 182 ones just 2" bigger - but i couldnt have these because the stud pattern is different

and i KNOW about the arch gap - no need to keep pointing it out!
it has settled a little since then but not too much

looking into getting some electronic coilovers - in which have different preset ride height settings without having to mechanically wind them down.
il need this as with the lower profile tyres the front bumper is getting close to the floor around 10cm i believe already! from the bottom of the bumper to the floor!

anyways each to their own!

M135i
wow, was looking good till the last pic.

Love the old clio and im not normally a fan of ph1 but i like that alot.

BMW M5 & E36
The sills and bumper will be on the deck before you're even close to getting rid of that arch gap! Please put the old wheels back on!

PMSL! At first glance it looks like someone has stolen the tyres! Even if you slam it the bumper is going to be touching tarmac before you'll get rid of that arch gap, please put some 17s or something on there!

1.2 Dynamique 16v
F*cking hell. Get rid of those wheels and replace with the ones which come on the megane renaultsport! That looks rediculous lol

Disastra Coupe
I'm sorry pal, i don't think people are trying to be nasty as such. It just is funny. I mean that in the nicest possible way. But it does look very funny.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
too late - sold plus they were the same size it was just the tyres that were bigger

I can see that, so why did you fit elastic band tyres to a car that came with 60 profile tyres as standard??

LY R27
F*cking hell. Get rid of those wheels and replace with the ones which come on the megane renaultsport! That looks rediculous lol

ive already said why

the 225 comes standard with the same wheels as the 182 ones just 2" bigger - but i couldnt have these because the stud pattern is different

and lol when i had the clio everyone on here hated it! now i dont you all think its not that bad! lol

different profiles on front and back because i got 40 on the front and couldnt get any more 40s without spending loads so i just got 45

when im finished with it i dont think it will be that bad!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
IF you had the balls to do it you could slam that to the ground....ghetto stance lol but f**k me you need to get used to checking your front archs for immigrants each morning

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LMAO!

Why have you fitted the Clio-spec tyres? That's the funniest thing I've seen for a while!

What are they?! 45's?!

EDIT: 40's?!?!

_DSC1594.jpg

Mercedes
If i were you i would get a set of 17" Nevasport wheels that were an upgrade on the meganes and sell the 182 wheels, they just dont look quite right.