ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megan 225 engine in a 172

clio 172 cup
cant find the thread for this i know its been done a few times before
and im just about to do the conversion on my clio but would like to have a read through before i start
if anyone has a link to one i would be grateful

225 powered mk2
Depends if you're going down the 225 block and gearbox or are you gonna use a 172 bottom end and jc5 box? I've done that in mine, however Chip has done a complete 225 swap into his 172.

clio 172 cup
Not a qualified mechanic but can do most jobs and when I run out of talent my son steps in and lends a hand I was just thinking it would be easier to do a complete swap but if it's a lot easier I'm ok with striping and re building an engine ... Is there much difference between the 2 ????

clio 172 cup
Handy with a spanner doesn't quite describe it. You need to chop up and re plate and weld the chassis legs.
that should'nt be a problem as i said my son can step up where i run out as hes a qualified plant engineer and stuff like tha'ts no problem to him

clio 172 cup
was realy hoping there was a link to someone who had done this before
and did a build thread ????