ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mega airbag light troubles

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
OK so i will give you guys the story so far.
Since owning the clio for 3 years intermittently the air bag and serv light has come on like many other clios out there.

Yesterday i visited the local garage (cit-ren) really knowledgeable guys. they connected it up to what i assume is clip, reading the error codes they discovered its all related to the drivers side. turns out, before i owned the car, the thorax airbag in the seat had deployed and someone put a resistor under the seat. the seat was stitched back together very well i might add, so well i hadn't even noticed till they pointed it out yesterday.
there were also other error codes indicating the grey connector was playing up, the typical pin connection issue everyone seems to have. So anyway, they told me to hard wire them together.
one by one last night, i cut the wires and reconnected them, soldering them together and insulating with electrical tape. I've kept the original grey connector under the seat, just in case the car seat ever needs to come out for whatever reason, at least then the wires are identifiable.

so once and for all i thought it would crush this nightmare, only to find now the light is on and off again, on and off, on and off. driving me up the walls lol.

does anyone have any other suggestions what to try next?
the car is a 5 door privilege, i checked under the passenger side as well, all the connectors are factory and connected. there is no grey connector on the passenger side, only a black one.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Mine has been on for 2 years in the 172, Get it cleared for the MOT comes back on a mile down the road. Tried buying a RS Tuner but that still wont turn it off even with all the air bags removed. I think once its registered as going off it locks the ECU so it will always come back on, well that's my understanding but will happily say im wrong if somebody else knows how to switch it off.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Ok so after a few hours of driving. Initially the serv and air bag light were going on and off for a little while but now it has stopped and the lights are out.

Does the airbag ecu have capacitors in it, just I was thinking perhaps when it was disconnected under the seat and car battery all the power went out so it just needed sometime to restore itself?