ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meg swap

sbinks83@yahoo.Co. uk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
How much work is involved in putting a Meg 225 engine in a 182?it's something I've been thinking about for a while and now I've got the chance to buy an engine..just a few things I'd like to know before I jump in..how much/what sort of modding needs to be done or is it pretty much a straight swap..if anyone could link me to a decent thread about this that we be great

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I'm about to do the same,
Already bought the engine etc.
So far I've found out,
Notch the chassis for the gearbox, if your going 6 speed that is.
Driveshafts, hydraulic clutch pedal box (dci100), 406 v6 brake master cylinder.
Need to use an early ph1 fuel rail with return, standalone ecu or module from efi parts, you need to convert to epas. There's probably lots more I haven't even come across yet.
Look at dans blue 182 thread.
There's also an old thread from crusty who's in oz.
There's a few people on here who have done it.

sbinks83@yahoo.Co. uk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Cheers dude.So is the megane lump exactly the same as the clio just turbo'd?I.e same engine code?just wanna make sure the Meg engine I'm looking at is the right one.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I believe It's an f4r same as the clio's.
Not 100%
Mine doesn't arrive until next week.

Clio Sport 182
I'm sure the lack of responses is because there are plenty of build threads with most answers. Anyway, engine is not exactly the same - meg engine means you will also need a meg gearbox.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk