ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meets (Essay Content)

Hello all.

Quite a few of you know me but for those that don't "Hi! I'm Simon and live in Ipswich".

I've been made the new area rep as we have been lacking one for a while and the East of England section has been rather dead for the last ten months.
Admittedly we arer coming up against winter however this should not deter us from having meets as we can do indoors aswell.

Seeing as we have a few more active members in our area now I would like to get regular meets going.

We have the go-karting coming up as started by shot corpse and 172bruce is trying to get some meets sorted in Bury.

Now Sunday's seem to be a favourite and most compatible day for meets but then we have the hurdle of locations as we are such a big area.

Bury St Edmunds - Good location, good car parks. Easy to get to from Newmarket, Ipswich, Cambridge etc.

Diss - Good daytime photo shoot areas including the Eye airfield. Easy access from Ipswich, Norfolk areas.

Hunstanton - Great daytime location. Easy access from Norfolk, Peterborough, Cambridge.

Ideally a monthly meet would be fantastic, build good relations with fellow members and have a laugh.
Realistically a bi-monthly meet is doable.

Please let me know your thoughts so we can work together and get our region going again. All suggestions will be appreciated as I am new to this.

Thanks,
Simon

C3 Picasso Beast
I'm not interested in hanging about a car park at night and then cruisin' but apart from that I'm up for most things date/time permitting!

Distance isn't too much of a factor for me as long as it's worth it...i.e I wouldn't travel all the way to Hunstanton to meet 4 people!

ph1 172
Sounds good Simon, I will look forward to future meets. Obviously East Anglia is fairly big so choosing a location thats suits everyone is impossible so meets scattered around would be good I think, i.e Bury is good for me but Diss is abit far.

Fabia VRS
You know im up for meets ;)
im easy tbh, ive just got festivals this month anything late this month etc and so on

:)

clio 172 cup
@SHoT_CoRPSe meets are what u make them really fella if ur going to come and worried about number bring some friends, i'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say we all have mates in different clubs/forums etc we need to be a more inclusive club really.

great ideas simon will do everything to help out, the bury meets are a local thing i know but getting a good base is how u really kick start an area thats dropped off a little, i had to do that with fkoc when i owned the deck'a'd'ka lol

I'm not interested in hanging about a car park at night and then cruisin' but apart from that I'm up for most things date/time permitting!

Distance isn't too much of a factor for me as long as it's worth it...i.e I wouldn't travel all the way to Hunstanton to meet 4 people!
Naturally. Hopefully we can change the way people respond to meets so they definately confirm. However we had a meet with three people that turned out to be quite a laugh.

Sounds good Simon, I will look forward to future meets. Obviously East Anglia is fairly big so choosing a location thats suits everyone is impossible so meets scattered around would be good I think, i.e Bury is good for me but Diss is abit far.
If we came to agreement with all in the best central location would you travel (bear in mind everyone would be travelling) for a big turnout? Even if it is just bi-monthly and then the smaller meets in seperate areas can be more regular.

You know im up for meets ;)
im easy tbh, ive just got festivals this month anything late this month etc and so on

:)
That's no problem mate, looking to get things sorted for Sept/Oct.

@SHoT_CoRPSe meets are what u make them really fella if ur going to come and worried about number bring some friends, i'm pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say we all have mates in different clubs/forums etc we need to be a more inclusive club really.

great ideas simon will do everything to help out, the bury meets are a local thing i know but getting a good base is how u really kick start an area thats dropped off a little, i had to do that with fkoc when i owned the deck'a'd'ka lol
Like said above, the smaller meets are good but what I'd like to get going is one where all the members can attend bi-monthly.

ph1 172
If we came to agreement with all in the best central location would you travel (bear in mind everyone would be travelling) for a big turnout? Even if it is just bi-monthly and then the smaller meets in seperate areas can be more regular.

Yes of course we can do that. It would make it a worth while meet like that as there would be a large amount of members