ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet ideas for 2013?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think we can all agree that 2012 was a bit pants for meets / attendance of meets in the Yorkshire area which is strange as there seems to be a fair few owners in the region.

So, what can we do to make it better?

I'm not aware of any Yorkshire reps at the moment which is a shame but what would everybody like to do meets wise?

Personally, I prefer the car related meets and drives out rather than the 'go out for a meal / bowling' style meets but that just me. What about everyone else? Regular monthly meets or bi monthly meets? Coast drives out? Obviously convoys to shows etc etc.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just an idea, could possibly have a meet at Elvington when they are having a trackday. Something to watch at least.

But yes, car meets are better than bowling/eating, and driving meets are usually good.

Not a 320d
What happens on a meet? Do you all stand round and talk about Clio's?

Or do you sell/buy drugs.

Or race each other down the M62?

A run from the Humber BridgeCar Park to Olivers Mount in Scarborough wouldnt be a bad idea.

Pistonheads do a run from The Triton Inn (Pub) to Wetwang and get fish and chips at the local fish shop there (legendary if youve not been before). Maybe think about doing short 30 minute runs down some nice back roads (Theres plenty of them) then fish and chips at the end. IMO you cant go far wrong with that.

Last edited:
  Ph1 T
What happens on a meet? Do you all stand round and talk about Clio's?

Or do you sell/buy drugs.

Or race each other down the M62?

A run from the Humber BridgeCar Park to Olivers Mount in Scarborough wouldnt be a bad idea.

Pistonheads do a run from The Triton Inn (Pub) to Wetwang and get fish and chips at the local fish shop there (legendary if youve not been before). Maybe think about doing short 30 minute runs down some nice back roads (Theres plenty of them) then fish and chips at the end. IMO you cant go far wrong with that.

All of the above

Ph1 T
Leeds_182 you not fancy sorting any out? I spend an awful lot of time on here and never been to one

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Leeds_182 you not fancy sorting any out? I spend an awful lot of time on here and never been to one

I have done in the past but they tend to go the same way, lots of interest and then everybody pulls out.

I started this thread to try find out what people would like to do and the fact that only three people have responded sort of says it all really!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I went to the Ribblehead-Buttertubs one in the summer. That had a pretty decent turnout, I think a few of those a year would be good with smaller ones done in between.

pimp mobile Zafira
I agree a more car focused meet would be good. The meets I've attended this year seem to last about an hour then every one goes home. A buttertubs drive or North York Moors drive would be good.

172 + 350z
Just to throw my interest into the mix. Really new member but interested in coming to meets etc as I did with my other cars and go to shows etc.
One of the problems is that "Yorkshire" is quite a wide area so getting something to suit everyone is hard.
As said before a good drive out with stops for photo's and say finishing up at somewhere for food etc is always good.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Been to a couple at TOPO and they were decent turn outs.

Wouldn't mind a drive out somewhere if people know decent roads.

My shift work doesn't help but if there was plenty of notice on here I think people would make the effort. I know the last couple planned at TOPO flopped at last minute but it was probably due to the weather/time of year.

They'll pick up again I'm sure in next few months

South and west yorkshire y0! ;) just seen this thread, and I'll quite happily make more meets this year, just need at least 3 weeks notice so I can take time off work, or have a meet during the week every now and then :)

200 GORDINI
I think we can all agree that 2012 was a bit pants for meets / attendance of meets in the Yorkshire area which is strange as there seems to be a fair few owners in the region.

So, what can we do to make it better?

I'm not aware of any Yorkshire reps at the moment which is a shame but what would everybody like to do meets wise?
im up for this.
properly organised run on good roads(no bloody coppers) n something decent to eat.
absolutely no mcdonalds or b-king.
plenty of piccies,n a bloody good laugh.
leeds182 pm me n lets sort the sheep out...........

RB R26.R
Just to throw my interest into the mix. Really new member but interested in coming to meets etc as I did with my other cars and go to shows etc.
One of the problems is that "Yorkshire" is quite a wide area so getting something to suit everyone is hard.
As said before a good drive out with stops for photo's and say finishing up at somewhere for food etc is always good.

this i can echo, as most meets occur around south leeds, however im moving to wakefield in the coming weeks so it wont be as bad for me anymore and im keen to attend driving and photo meets!
other than frequent meets theres always Easter and Autumn Malton Big Breakfast meets!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Been to a few topo meets and enjoyed them but its quite a trek for me.

As stated, it's a big area and difficult to pick a central area.

can we start a thread for the TOPO meet on the 3rd with details etc and get some people signed up so I don't waste a holiday day lol, I will only have 8-9 left after booking it off :L