ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Media Player under £100.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Today i'm going to buy a 1tb harddrive and a media player. I bought a Raspberry pie but even with XBMC loaded on everytime I plug in a harddrive it just freezes and makes me want to throw it at wall.

I'm thinking of going for a western digital one as they seem fairly priced. They only have a wired internet connection and i'd rather wireless tbh.

I've seen this but there's no USB in. That's proper silly as it'd be great otherwise.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006VTASUQ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

So any suggestions? Also Harddrive suggestions as there's silly amounts out there to choose from.

Clio 172
What TV you got Ant?

I could sit here and talk about media servers (you could watch stuff on your phone in, and out of the house, use it as a remote etc) but I guess you just want a simple solution?

The Rokus are good, I was going to get one. But I think they are more network players, I.e they play media from a central server/from the Internet.

I take it when you said your getting a hard drive, your getting an external USB one yeah?

Only reason I ask the TV question, is most tvs can play media from a hard drive plugged into it. They normally have a sloppy interface, and can be picky with file formats though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I wouldn't something more complicated if I could use it easily lol but i'm a technoidiot even though I love gadgets
:eek:

Yer it'd be a usb one and prefereably not one that I have provide a mains supply for although it's not essential.

It's a nasty TV that i'd be looking at upgrading before xmas, plus i'll also be using it with other tvs aswell.

Rob the wireless one was £150 on Amazon unless I was mistaken.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There probably are better ones about, but that one gets 4*'s on whathifi and has been nothing but great for me.

Firmware updates are a little slow, but it copes with my library with ease.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol what did you put?

I think i'll go for the WD one then, it's just easier.

Polo + Micra
was it a usb powered harddrive you was trying to run off the pi? as that aint going to work lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Got my roku, very happy with it until I found out it doesn't play avi. What the actual f**k lol