ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MCSE questions

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I was thinking of getting these books here BOOKS and starting my MCSE studying.

Can anyone recommend any other books or a good place to start off?

172 Cup
Had a look on Newzbin and found this - MCSA_MCSE_Windows_Server_2003_Network_Security_Administration_Study_Guide_70-299_Jul_2004_Sybex.pdf

I'll happily download it for you if you want me to and ftp/msn it across.

E91 M Sport
I am in the middle of an MCSE (did my XP exam 2 days ago.....and passed. ;)) and I would recommend something web-based. The books seem to be a bit long-winded....although I haven't seen the one you've mentioned.

Hope you've got a lot of self-motivation....! Good luck. :)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
miketheman2k said:
I am in the middle of an MCSE (did my XP exam 2 days ago.....and passed. ;)) and I would recommend something web-based. The books seem to be a bit long-winded....although I haven't seen the one you've mentioned.

Hope you've got a lot of self-motivation....! Good luck. :)

Congrats mate! Has it taken you long so far?

Is XP the 270 exam?

The self motivation bit will be the hardest part of it....i hope...

My parents were nagging me about what i want for an xmas pressie so i think these books will do and hopefully get me onto the first rung of the ladder and get the tests studied for.

Last edited:
Currently studying for the server 2003 exam 270. Got an online learning course which is interactive and pretty good.. although iv'e found that some questions on the practice exams I have never come across in the topics on the web site :( Having to look around myself for other sources now to fill in the gaps.

E91 M Sport
paddymcc said:
Congrats mate! Has it taken you long so far?

Is XP the 270 exam?

The self motivation bit will be the hardest part of it....i hope...

My parents were nagging me about what i want for an xmas pressie so i think these books will do and hopefully get me onto the first rung of the ladder and get the tests studied for.

Yes, 270 is XP. I passed 290 today too...yipee! Got to do 291 next and tbh I understand about half of it!

I've been 'properly' studying since August, i.e. on average about a couple of hours a day. I could probably have got that down to one hour of very relevant material, but I didn't want to risk it since I had the time.

SLK 350
Don't bother with MCSE's get yourself a qualification respected by the industry that feeds it, if you can get yourself a CCNA/CCNP/CCIE from Cisco. Very good qualification to have on your CV.