ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McLaren F1, Sandhurst, Berkshire!!!!!

Was a 197
I nearly couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this, possibly the best n rarest spot?!?!?!?!

Oh and saw a GT40 too the other day, cant remember where i was though!!!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
saw a veyron in beaconsfield in On The Run Esso garage when they 1st came out, couldnt believe it! had 2 stop and take sum pics, will try and dig them out!

Was a 197
it was going rond the roundabout in the opposite direction so no possible chance for pics.

Suppose with mclaren head office in woking, shudnt be surprised

C32 AMG Estate
Aye certainly is, most likely Mr Claptons who lives in Cranleigh, although I think his is Yellow so there could be more than one!

yeh seen a few of them nr wyc, saw jk driving his black 1 in princess risboro! see him around quite a bit in the summer driving sum of his exotica!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
225 Trophy said:
Aye certainly is, most likely Mr Claptons who lives in Cranleigh, although I think his is Yellow so there could be more than one!
I saw a red one, part of a convoy including another rarri and several amg mercs. All had similar private plates, guesssing a collection or minted family.
Spotted an f40 in convoy with a diablo in haywards Heath last week, incredible.

pics or it didnt happen

lol ill see if i can get them of my old phone, i rememba it was cream and red and had a french pl8 on it. my missus at the time couldnt understand why i turned round to have a look she sed "its only a bloody car...." women!

It's A Reno
I saw a Mclaren F1 about 10 years ago at the Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire. It was just dumped half on the pavement, half on the road too.

My rarest spots are an F40, a Ford GT40 (a real one, not the new one) and a lovely 4 1/2 ltr Bentley.

ill second that, they r the bloolcks! my godfathers got 1 in storage for a guy who used to be the MD of EMI, hes got loadsa nice cars there but they never get driven! he even got 2 drive a mclaren f1 back from heathrow airport once for a customer! lucky sod!!!

german
not that rare, but one's I remember are Veyron in France (but that was only 1 mile from the factory so doesn't really count), F40 x 2(on ferry going to Le Mans, on the road to Le Man saw all sorts including a Radical driven by a complete lune) and a Carrera GT which I followed for miles across Milton Keynes - sounded incredible.

330i. E30 Touring.
I saw a red one, part of a convoy including another rarri and several amg mercs. All had similar private plates, guesssing a collection or minted family.
Spotted an f40 in convoy with a diablo in haywards Heath last week, incredible.

I think I probably saw the same on on the A23 a bit nearer London a few months back.

Sex.

I've seen a silver McLaren F1 in Banbury once and an Enzo in Oxford.

The guy that lives behind us (Peter Taylor) was a McLaren test driver and instructor (for when you bought the car) and had F1's in his garage every now and then. Was before we moved in though so never had the chance to ask for a go :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNGEoNqjfc There he is! From around 2:15 onwards

Mk2 172
I've seen a silver McLaren F1 in Banbury once and an Enzo in Oxford.

The guy that lives behind us (Peter Taylor) was a McLaren test driver and instructor (for when you bought the car) and had F1's in his garage every now and then. Was before we moved in though so never had the chance to ask for a go :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNGEoNqjfc There he is! From around 2:15 onwards

I can vouch for it too cos krispwee is my bro and i cudnt believe it wen i saw that mclaren F1 in banbury. horrid colour but then none of them were in a particulary nice colour apart from GTR orange one but still Looked epic!! Yeah was gutted we never got to go in one!!

ive only ever seen one mclaren and it was an orange gtr at the NEC autosport show. some chuffing bloke in a suit was stood right in the way for photos though all day :mad:

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
GT40 in the first one (near the front leaving the pub)

An Enzo with us at the same meet and there is a pic of Nick Mason's McLaren F1 car (the drummer of Pink Floyd and a very nice guy - despite his dodgy paintwork - sorry Nick!)

And an F50 too

The chap that owns the F50 also owns a F40 as well as a few other toys :cool:

Attachments

• 6-1.jpg
    6-1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Wilton House 008.JPG
    Wilton House 008.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 41
  • Wilton House 002.JPG
    Wilton House 002.JPG
    439.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Wilton House 036.JPG
    Wilton House 036.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Wilton House 045.JPG
    Wilton House 045.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 39

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
GT40 in the first one (near the front leaving the pub)

An Enzo with us at the same meet and there is a pic of Nick Mason's McLaren F1 car (the drummer of Pink Floyd and a very nice guy - despite his dodgy paintwork - sorry Nick!)

And an F50 too

The chap that owns the F50 also owns a F40 as well as a few other toys :cool:

Nick always checks ClioSport to see if someone has said something about his paint.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
In the top left pic you can see my old red 360 (my plate ADZ89) so wasn't really car spotting as I was out with the guys, which I do on a constant basis.

I even brought a couple along to one of the Clio meets a few weeks back.

Obviously for some reason you have taken some kind of offence to me putting the pics up even though you were drooling over such cars so somewhat surprising you give me the sarcasm comments.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
In the top left pic you can see my old red 360 (my plate ADZ89) so wasn't really car spotting as I was out with the guys, which I do on a constant basis.

I even brought a couple along to one of the Clio meets a few weeks back.

Obviously for some reason you have taken some kind of offence to me putting the pics up even though you were drooling over such cars so somewhat surprising you give me the sarcasm comments.

To save Tom the effort.

So you post them in a car spotting bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbos.
Last autumn i saw a burgundy McLaren F1 here in Kent. I looked it up the day after and supposedly it was Rowan Atkinson's but i can't say the driver looked famous. The car was also surprisingly dirty.

I've seen a few Enzos, how many did they make? Like F40s, i don't think they're actually that rare. I was unfortunate to enough to be in the same hotel as the geekiest owners club in the world last weekend and saw a dark red Enzo which was interesting, because i thought they were all either yellow, red or black... Anyway, the view from my room:

ferrarienzo.jpg

I've also seen a very rare road going F1 GTR in Hong Kong. It has been at the same garage for years. The owner asked the garage to store it for him and nothing else. He has been billed each month and paid promptly each time but has NEVER visited it! The sad thing is, it is under a cover left outside! Due to the heat in HK, all the plastics have sagged inside and out... i would say the car is virtual write off. Its done 0 miles too...

Makes you wonder how many special cars are like that all over the world. It will be one person's lucky barn find one day i guess.

Was a 197
This has turned into a 'ive seen better' thread now lol

Also seen a Noble M12 too the other day too lol

Last autumn i saw a burgundy McLaren F1 here in Kent. I looked it up the day after and supposedly it was Rowan Atkinson's but i can't say the driver looked famous. The car was also surprisingly dirty.

I've seen a few Enzos, how many did they make? Like F40s, i don't think they're actually that rare. I was unfortunate to enough to be in the same hotel as the geekiest owners club in the world last weekend and saw a dark red Enzo which was interesting, because i thought they were all either yellow, red or black... Anyway, the view from my room:

I've also seen a very rare road going F1 GTR in Hong Kong. It has been at the same garage for years. The owner asked the garage to store it for him and nothing else. He has been billed each month and paid promptly each time but has NEVER visited it! The sad thing is, it is under a cover left outside! Due to the heat in HK, all the plastics have sagged inside and out... i would say the car is virtual write off. Its done 0 miles too...

Makes you wonder how many special cars are like that all over the world. It will be one person's lucky barn find one day i guess.

400 Enzo's were made according to Wikipedia so common as muck :p

Atkinson crashed his F1 in 1999. Don't know if it was repaired although I presume it was

mclaren_071902_01.jpg