ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MB or MBP???

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i didn't have another drive.

my laptop would basically let me do nothing. couldn't gain access ot s**t.

I am a leper, but i did build a pc so i am not a complete noob... LOL

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ah... thesloth... she hardly gets turned on tbh, all about the laptops now tbh... I may do an upgrade when i find another pc game i want ot hammer but there is no need at the moment.

sad really :( but thesloth still works. jsut never gets used.

MBP is allegedly getting delivered today.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dont plug it in to begin with, run the b*****d down.

Button on the side near the SD slot gives you battery status.

If its dead (No green lights) then plug it in.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Yeah, try to make the battery run completely flat quite regularly, then don't take it off charge until it's 100% full again.
Lithium Ion batteries don't really have a "memory" like Ni-Cad ones do, but this process ensures that the digital battery charge indicator stays calibrated and therefore shows you the correct amount of charge in the battery.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
man this mbp is confusing! total noob :D

how do i make a internet page go like full screen instead of like the small one it opens for me?

must say it was cool how it just sets up the bits and pieces for you when you turn it on, like the internet and stuff.

Just drag it. Bottom right. The dock will still be visible or if you turn the dock off so it's not there constantly, then you can get it to full page.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
no one click to make it bigger then?

plus how do i scroll through the different bits i have open like itunes internet and email?

Top left is minimize etc, but if it's not maxed out properly you'll have to drag it.

You can cmd + tab, just like on windows to scroll through. Or at the bottom, the programs you have open will have a little blue dot underneath.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Use the dock at the bottom of the screen. Anything with a little black arrow underneath it that bounces around is still running. Anything without isn't - simples *sqeak*

EDIT: It's actually a little blue dot nowadays, not a black arrow :eek:

It takes a little bit of getting used to after years of Windows machines.

But it's a lot better when you get used to it.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
plus how do i scroll through the different bits i have open like itunes internet and email?

F3 i use.

brings up everything and you pick one.

i have it set so if i put the cursor in the bottom left corner it brings everything up.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've long held the belief that if someone is completely new to computing, Mac OS is far more intuitive than Windows and they'd find it easier to use.
But if you've been using Windows for years then have to use a Mac it's quite weird getting your head around it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
for example i just downloaded firefox. i was expecting to have to install it etc, but it just does it all for you.

is using firefox like a bad thing? i am just used to it and i like the tabbing. LOL

DMS

A thirsty 172
Nothing wrong with FF as a browser. Safari is perfectly adequate though so you don't NEED it - but it's your computer so go with whatever you prefer.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
for example i just downloaded firefox. i was expecting to have to install it etc, but it just does it all for you.

is using firefox like a bad thing? i am just used to it and i like the tabbing. LOL

Eww. Firefox under OS X. Use Safari, webkit is a much better than gecko (the firefox web engine).

DMS

A thirsty 172
17" model has 3 USB ports IIRC, and the 15" and 13" variants have 2.
New version of the MBP is due out soon as well. I'm holding off until then because I can't say I desperately need one.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Exactly. I'll just make do with my 3 year old IBM Thinkpad toss until then.
When it comes out, either the current spec MBP's will be cheaper or I'll get a better spec machine for my money.

Titanium 182
I hate Steve for making me wait so long for the refresh. I'm going to skip the music intro video to spite him.