ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maybe a head gasket

1.2 Dynamique
hi i have recently lost power in my 02 reg 1.2 clio and coolant seems to be going touch too quick, i opened the oil filler cap and have a it of the mayonase colour inside , was wanting to know will k-seal work or will i ahve to buy a new head gasket, will it need skimming ? the head

thankyou
myles

Cro

Meg'd r27
The mayonaise inside the oil filler is pretty much standard issue with the 1.2s mate. I'd check the waterpump if I was you. Best to get a pressure test done tbh

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Exactly the same is happening to me. However i didn't want to walk into a garage and say 'i think my head gasket's on its way out' as the chances are they will say yes to get the work.

1.2 Dynamique
well its only just started to have the 'mayo' , few months ago i replaced coil pack ,sparks and thermostat housing, so cant see it being them loss of power,