ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

may need some help!!!

i havent got a clio yet but thought if i joined then i could get some help from you guys to help me when im looking at getting one

im looking at getting a 1.8 16v and was wondering what i need to look out for

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

(sorry if ive posted this in the wrong section)

Rust on the rear aches bottom of doors and boot.
Check the electrics work.

Check how good the sills are.

Check for any unusual characterists of the engine and ask on here might be a simple engine mount as they wear a lot or map sensor etc or might be a worn engine/gearbox.

cool cheers for that mate

im just waiting for my insurance to pay out from my last car and ive seen one that im going to have a look at, its j reg with 68,000 on the clock and its up for £1650

im hoping everything should be working fine???

andy_g said:
cool cheers for that mate

im just waiting for my insurance to pay out from my last car and ive seen one that im going to have a look at, its j reg with 68,000 on the clock and its up for £1650

im hoping everything should be working fine???
Sounds way to steap that much You fins Williams advertised for almost the same price.

really? how much do you think the car should be up for?

its completly standard with low milage, thats why i thought it was a good thing

BMW 535D
i think thats a good price for the mileage of the car!

check the service history and look through all the receipts because over time these cars need a lot of work doing to them.

when i bought mine it came with a fat envelope full of receipts for parts and services etc! if the service history is upto date and the mileage is right then sounds like a gud deal :)

cool, cheers for that chris_m182, id make sure all that was there

is there any other common things to look out for?