ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May be buying a V6: Help needed plz

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Haven't been around for a while but Merry Chrsitmas to you all!

I still have my 197 and I am seriously considering buying the following car:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1227589.htm

I would be grateful for your thoughts on the price and whether or not I should be concerned about buying such an 'old' car despite the very low mileage, in terms of components which simply need replaced due to age etc. Some feedback on the price would be good too, although I have e-mailed the seller to see if the price can be reduced to £18k as I have an excellent deal on an 08 Honda S2000.

Finally, if there's anyone in and around Glasgow who would let me have a passenger ride and a seat in their own Clio V6 some time soon then I'd be very grateful.

Cheers in advance,

Martin

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
that once been on there for ages! yeah the milage is really low but you can get a mint one with average miles for 5-6k less which is what i'd do personally

DB.

BMW 440i
I think thats over priced tbh by about 3k!

There are some cheaper/similar ones on Pistonheads!

Titanium 182
Too expensive, too low miles. If you don't drive them like any modern car they deteriorate.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Hopefully he'll be prepared to bring the price down to £18k. Even at that I know it's expensive but I'm thinking of it in terms of the fact it's not even run in, is exclusive and is in mint condition.

Martin

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Its very tidy, if I was paying that though I'd want a nicer colour. If you like it though and think its worth it then go for it!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
is low milage a good thing then? its probably never been driven properly so its bound to fall apart the first time you do imo.. mine on 35k and has been driven in the snow/rain everyday since i've had it... had a front end spray the other day and its immaculate again.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
I would hate to think that I could spend £19k on a car that could fall apart the first time I drive it properly.

Martin

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
personally i'd save 5-6k and buy one with average miles, you know its been used then and that if bits are gonna fall off and brake they'd have done it by now!

plus you spend you 6k on coilovers, orbsound exhaust ect.... ;)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Above dealer is closed today. Thinking about selling the 197 privately - fairly good condition, 27k miles, nimbus, standard, no air con...been offered £8500 by a Honda dealer against an S2K...what do u reckon I should aim for privately?

Martin

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Just because it's a low milage model, doesnt mean it'll fall apart the fist time it's taken out!! Its only 5 yrs old ffs. :)

As for the comment on spending 19k on a Clio.. as every one well knows they were 27k when new.. Its clearly priced at a premium purely on the miles, but admittedly 19 is a bit steep for an Illiad Blue model (being the most popular colour new).

Offer them 17k for starters lol. See what they say. If it was one of the i.d. colours, it'd be going for closer the asking price. imo.

Better than yours. C*nt.
That thing's been sat on a forecourt for months. That was there for 2 months before I bought Shauns! Don't spend that much. No matter how 'mint', it's not worth it. Mine was 'mint' and was a whole lot less than that and not in the most common colour.

Think maybe the dark blue or bronze would ask that much, but Illiad? Dreamer.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Why the hell would a car suddenly decide to fall apart???? Thats one of the most stupid things Ive heard on this forum!! pmsl! Never known of screws slowly unscrewing or nuts and bolts untightening themselves before! lol Can't possibly think why a car with a lack of milage would be worse than one with a fair amount.

The fact of the matter is that the car advertised is priced so high purely because of the milage. Its not down to the condition of it. Shauns old B/G, which is now Mikes, is one of the best condition vee's I've seen and was kept in a mint state regardless off cost. Its probably as good as the one advertised imo. If your happy spending that cash because your after one with very low miles I'd say get it. If your just after a vee that is in excellent condition, no faults or problems etc then keep looking. One will definatly crop up that is in top top condition and maybe even in an I/D colour.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Why the hell would a car suddenly decide to fall apart???? Thats one of the most stupid things Ive heard on this forum!! pmsl! Never known of screws slowly unscrewing or nuts and bolts untightening themselves before! lol Can't possibly think why a car with a lack of milage would be worse than one with a fair amount.

On the flipside of this I can think of plenty of reasons why the engine will have excessive wear:

1) Started every morning for 30 seconds to move it to the front.
2) Ragged from cold by the staff because of what it is.
3) Ragged from relatively cold by random tyrekickers.
etc.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
On the flipside of this I can think of plenty of reasons why the engine will have excessive wear:

etc.

I'm quite sure it would be able to take a few months of that and it could happen to any car at a garage. I bet loads of people on here hit high revs/rag there cars before fully up to temp.
The only possible problem with super low miles that I can think of is that any (what would have been) warranty issues haven't shown up and now its out of warranty.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172

etc.

I suppose you have a point if a muppet has it but if its a well stored car that shouldnt be an issue.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
get on v6clio, plenty of glasgow owners for a shotgun.

As for the one in the advert, mega overpriced. Illiad blue as everyone knows was the most common colour, drive that away at 18k and stick 10k on it and youll do well to see 14k this time next year imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LMFAO at £19k for a car thats sat there doing nothing.

I'd rather spend £13k on a 40,000 miler.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
exactly! save the money and get a average miler! really not worth the extra