ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maxxis ZR9 Victra- any thoughts?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Are these quite an old tyre? Only ask as I drove a track car round Oulton years ago and was impressed with the grip. Looked and they were maxxis but think it was the ones that were discontinued. They were epic though

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Well i guess I could ask about their age and see. But at 70 quit a corner they are tempting

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I searched before and found a thread you and I both commented on, 2013 iirc. But they were about the maz1 lol.

I run ado8r's on the road and have used them on track, very good tbh

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I'm in in no hurry tbh, winter is coming so I won't rush into a decision unless it's a very good deal.
I've read about the AR1's, the federals and they all do have good reviews.
I could also get A048's at about 82 quid a corner so I have some options to choose from :)

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I have some 15" 6,5J steel rims, would they be ok for track day what do you think? I kinda hate them (they rusted a bit and look daft) but on the other hand buying decent alloys is not that cheap.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I guess you can use them, personally I'd wait and get a set of 0z's or similar. I'm sure there was a lad on here with two sets for not much money, 120 ish