ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Can someone help me with this question as its doing my head in. I can't get rid of this yellow 'i' and it won't tell me what it's for?

Anyone know what's going on? @MarkCup

image.jpeg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It should tell you what that's for as part of the startup when it cycles through "push clutch down and press start" and various other messages etc.

Possibly a door or seat belt or airbag sensor? Or that your TC/ESP is completely turned off!

Think it can't detect my keys (despite them unlocking the car and the engine running fine etc)

Wonder if it needs a reset. Can't see anything in the book though about how to do it. Ball ache.

image.jpeg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Think it can't detect my keys (despite them unlocking the car and the engine running fine etc)

Wonder if it needs a reset. Can't see anything in the book though about how to do it. Ball ache.

View attachment 147407

When I had my Focus, this message used to pop up when the battery in the key was running low. Could be the same here.

As for the 'i', it was used for car status alerts in the past. Low washer fluid, tyre pressures etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still can't believe how good they are after 3 years since release! Especially with a mountune fettle. They'll be a fantastic used buy for years to come.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They are brilliant cars, so many of these at work on the JLR scheme.
The 125ps ecoboost is a great engine too in the zetec s.

Spirit blue is the best colour too by far

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I still maintain that if the ST had zetec s suspension I'd be able to drive it faster on B road blasts.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've git six months left on my lease, problem is the car is so good i cant figure out how to replace it!

VRS
If i didnt need a bigger car for the little one then i would be looking at another one for my next lease. 2 years trouble free driving!
With so many of us taking up the lease deal it would be interesting to see what everyone's next cars were!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get one Bridgey!
I'll get one one day, just can't justify it without selling the Clio.
The zetec S was a good compromise though.
It handles so well for what it is

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I've never kept a car so long... I would like to buy one so I can justify turinis and Mountune

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I think they are still 125ps standard but 140 as an option
Otherwise it would void the red and black editions as standard.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
For the mean time I'm just going to use a works van which is free and free fuel.

My plan is to buy either a Golf R or S3 when they come down to around about £20,000ish.

I really want a MK2 FRS but I cant justify the mrs doing 50 miles a day in it and making it worth f*ck all. Which then means its sat on the drive for 5 days a week waiting to get nicked, which is pointless.

I've still got quite a while left on mine yet, next November to be precise, but even now i'am struggling to find a replacement for it, and mines completely standard. Theres an ST Plus thats rumoured to be arriving soon aswell, that'll be interesting.

The only car that i can think that'll better the ST is a 275 Megane Trophy.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Standard equipment on them is aids which sort of rules out leasing.

And buying a second hand Megane for over £20,000 is just financial suicide tbh.

My last payment is on the 26th of this month then I can arrange for it to be collected anytime.

I need to get the splitter off, touch up a couple of stone chips and it's good to go.

I've said it before, it's a cracking all rounder. Cost per fun is probably unbeatable in any new car IMO.

However, I'm not going to be sad to see it go. I've never really bonded with it, no matter how good it actually is. Just something missing, and I'm not sure what.

As other people have said though, a replacement has been that hard to find, we aren't going to. Plan is to run the C1 until it goes back in December and then get one car - probably an estate.

The only thing I'm going to miss though (other than the speed and handling) is the heated seats and the heated screen. Oh and aircon through summer as the C1 doesn't have it :(

Peugeot 308
My last payment is on the 26th of this month then I can arrange for it to be collected anytime.

I need to get the splitter off, touch up a couple of stone chips and it's good to go.

I've said it before, it's a cracking all rounder. Cost per fun is probably unbeatable in any new car IMO.

However, I'm not going to be sad to see it go. I've never really bonded with it, no matter how good it actually is. Just something missing, and I'm not sure what.

As other people have said though, a replacement has been that hard to find, we aren't going to. Plan is to run the C1 until it goes back in December and then get one car - probably an estate.

The only thing I'm going to miss though (other than the speed and handling) is the heated seats and the heated screen. Oh and aircon through summer as the C1 doesn't have it 😧

I loved mine and miss it.

Best memory was driving from South Somerset to Newcastle and back.. got out both ways feeling fresh as a daisy and it averaged 48mpg over the trip.

Next day, averaged 30mpg kicking it around some lanes.. Fantastic all rounder.

As the car is due to go back to the lease company in the next few weeks, I thought it best to clean and vac it for the first time since October last year. It was seriously minging and must have covered 5,000 miles since its last wash and vac.

Thought I would upload a few pictures. I always forget how nice the colour is until it's clean. It's ace. I need to remove the splitter and touch a few stone chips up but it's good to go pretty much. I'm going to miss the heated seats and the torque from the turbo. Driving a C1 until December is going to be pretty grim...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg