ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Have to agree about the handbrake issue, mine has a pound down behind it somewhere. No torx screws to undo anything by the looks of things, so will be a firm hand to get the surround of without damaging anything.

Audi S1
I wish I could drive more. Given that I work up London, I have to get the train. Otherwise I would have had one of these on order.

Lovely car.

Clio 182
Great, let me know what they get back to you with. I've heard of people being given the number plate / VIN's as soon as the order is placed, but I'm not sure if that works with G2L.

I saw one of these last night and someone had lowered it, it looked very nice. I believe the normal springs are 30mm so might be something I look into when it arrives!

Fiesta ST3
Great, let me know what they get back to you with. I've heard of people being given the number plate / VIN's as soon as the order is placed, but I'm not sure if that works with G2L.

I saw one of these last night and someone had lowered it, it looked very nice. I believe the normal springs are 30mm so might be something I look into when it arrives!

Had a reply from them

The dealership inform us that your vehicle is due to arrive at the supplying dealers on 7[SUP]th[/SUP] july 2014, this is still currently an estimate. Once the vehicle has arrived it will then get plated, taxed and PDI checked prior to delivery occurring.

still quite a wait yet! lol ordered May 2nd. still good that ive got an ETA, before it was "mid june"

anyone know if build date is a week before dealer delivery date?

Rattle's back. And it's doing my tit-ends in.

Going to ring Ford tomorrow and book it in for investigations and a new door seal.

Oh and one more thing to add to the negatives: the petrol cap (or lack of).

You can't 'tap' the nozzle until the drips have gone due to the design of the opening.

You either have to stand their with it drip-drying for a few minutes or get petrol down the side of the car!

These cars are by no means flawless. But they are bloody fun.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and one more thing to add to the negatives: the petrol cap (or lack of).

You can't 'tap' the nozzle until the drips have gone due to the design of the opening.

You either have to stand their with it drip-drying for a few minutes or get petrol down the side of the car!

Leave it fully inserted for 5-10 seconds once you've finished for the drips to drip through...I honestly can't say I've had a problem with that at all.

Yes I believe it's mentioned in the documentation somewhere. It was with my Focus. Leave the nozzle inserted for at least five seconds after you've finished dispensing. It's not gonna make you late for work or anything ;)

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-2
Almost hit the 1k miles mark with mine now. Pretty much echo all your positives Matthew. However, in the interest of fairness I will raise a few negatives. The heater controls feel a little flimsy, and my indicators don't like to self cancel turning left most of the time (probably a fault specific to mine). Mpg wise I'm slightly disappointed I'm getting the same as my clio 182 (37mpg). But when you think you've got 30bhp more and an extra 50+ Lb ft of torque, you can't really grumble.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So is that 37 mpg your average? I thought they were supposed to be insanely good on fuel?

Fiesta ST-2
It's my average yes, although I don't do any motorway driving, which is probably where it excels? Right foot being heavier doesn't help either...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So is that 37 mpg your average? I thought they were supposed to be insanely good on fuel?

Not as good as the official figures would have you believe.

Published combined figure on the NA Clio 200 is 34mpg, and over 18 months and 24k miles I averaged 34mpg.

Published combined figure on the Fiesta ST is 47.9mpg, and over 12 months and 18k miles on the exact same commute as the 200, I've averaged 37mpg; that's not a true indication of their efficiency though as the boost kind of makes it hard not to floor it all the time.

If I drive it at a similar pace to my old 200 I see an average around 42-43mpg.

From my experience, it's more economical than my 182s were.

32mpg around town vs 25mpg for the Clios

45-50mpg on a m-way run vs 38-40mpg for the Clios

But, the ST is quicker than the Clio so you can't really complain.

For reference, the ST has only ever had V-power exclusively.

I average 36mpg, I commute 20 miles each way for work and do really well as most of it is just 60mph cruising. However when I get to MK it all goes wrong as its all short dual carriageways at national speed limit so off every roundabout its boost it up to 70mph. Still better than my 182 which was 34mpg

RB182cup&golf gti
I'm doing a fairly short commute in mine but have been driving this tank mega sensibly and changing up before the turbo and the mpg has, as expected, massively improved. Heading for 400 miles on the tank, which considering none of that is on carriageways, is impressive. Usual tank is 330ish miles. Mpg never been reset over the 2800 I've clocked up (at least I don't think I have reset it) and it keeps creeping up, now on 35.7. Had since October and still love it!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I filled up last night and had a mega careful 100 mile drive today into town to get some documents signed, then to work, then home via a mate's.

So that's 99.9 showing on the trip with 410 miles still remaining and an indicated 49.9.

:D

Well, got home today to find something waiting for me.... :)

14335253131_bbfb82ce76_c.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Been waiting about two to three weeks for the splitter. Going to fit it tomorrow night and will post a picture up.

Also went 80 miles today to pick up a treadmill from Bridlington. The fiesta hasn't got the biggest boot in the world, so even with the seats folded down me and the other half had to sit with our knees in the dash! Had to tie the boot down with rope from B&Q!

Was glad to get home...

14337831894_440d2af1ac_c.jpg

Fiesta ST-2
Ended up taking mine to the garage to fit the splitter, didn't have the right ramps and was a bit awkward to get in to actually fit it. £25 he charged which I was happy with it after messing about with it for a while.

Damn they left the splitter outside like that? :D

Ended up taking mine to the garage to fit the splitter, didn't have the right ramps and was a bit awkward to get in to actually fit it. £25 he charged which I was happy with it after messing about with it for a while.

No it was left next door (placed it there for the photo)!

I'm going to give it a to. I've fitted various 182 splitters before, and this one looks to be a better fitment...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Don't they? You've just got standard foam and the compressor I guess?

i didn't originally order it but I'm quite glad mine ended up coming with the space saver wheel and jack.

UPDATE: What a t**t of a job that was. Abit of advise; if you are getting one of these splitters, get it fitted at a garage.

The drivers side - you can use the bolts it comes with, but only in certain positions (mainly not where the pre-drilled holes are).

I had to use just two (close to the wheel) and further in the middle I have used super-extra-strong Velcro to hold it to the bumper until I can get some screws...

Passenger side: f**king nightmare. You can't use the bolts supplied as there is no where to get your hand in to clamp down the bolt.

In the end I used two screws and as above, super-extra-strong Velcro to hold the middle.

I'm going to get some better screws tomorrow and bang a few in each side.

Results; plenty of scrapes and cut hands, but it looks bloody ace!

14338305512_c17d0e2d47_c.jpg

14338300992_e6d07f3b27_c.jpg

14339164394_17a1d053df_c.jpg

Result:

14153273589_7de44985cc_c.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Mine comes next Tuesday, and even though it is G2L...it isn't a DE reg!

Edit: did you order your splitter through Jamsport?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
AV14. No idea where that is from. And I really can't wait! Been a long 8 weeks.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It will have nearly 300 miles on it before it gets here then!

Just ordered my splitter. Says in stock although I'm assuming still a decent wait?