ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's Arctic Thread

182 & Porsche 986
Why dont you have some tyres swapped around so you can have 2 re-furbed wheels on one side and two proper on the other? that way it wont be half as clear.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Cheers buddy, I had a Yozza and decat on my last one, sounded epic but got on my tits after a while... lol

Arctic is sooooooooo under-rated ;)

Haha on a sunny mornin it does look immense :)

Also yozza plus decat FTW I'm hopefully gettin one ordered in a month or 2 as well :)

None
Hi Ste! Yeah its not too bad I suppose, its running on JET petrol and hasnt been serviced in a while, and I think the exhaust is fooooooked lol

You still coming to the meet at the weekend mate?
I should still be able to come on sunday, promised a mate i would go watch him doing a 4x4 off road trial event but should be finished in time.

If i get round to selling my yozza before you get one then i'll still give you first refusal on it :)........to be honest i think i prefered the sound the zorstec made over the yozza, yozza is raspy and race like but the zorstec was more beefy and V8 like, just personal preference for me, can't deny the yozza sounds awesome when giving some welly though :)

I should still be able to come on sunday, promised a mate i would go watch him doing a 4x4 off road trial event but should be finished in time.

If i get round to selling my yozza before you get one then i'll still give you first refusal on it :)........to be honest i think i prefered the sound the zorstec made over the yozza, yozza is raspy and race like but the zorstec was more beefy and V8 like, just personal preference for me, can't deny the yozza sounds awesome when giving some welly though :)

Nice one Ste! :)

Have you still got the Zorstec? I neeeeeed, no WANT the Yozza off you. Pleeeeaaaase lol :)

None
Nice one Ste! :)

Have you still got the Zorstec? I neeeeeed, no WANT the Yozza off you. Pleeeeaaaase lol :)
Yeah mate i chopped out that abomination of a reducer from the zorstec then i tig welded it back up so it should be free flowing and loud now too :), just sitting in the shed waiting for some warm weather so i can get under the car and change them around.......don't know when that will be yet though as i have zero free time at the moment.

Why did you get rid of the Yozza before Matt?.

I sold the car mate, Yozza'an'all.... :( Worst thing I ever did, it was Mint.

Yeah mate i chopped out that abomination of a reducer from the zorstec then i tig welded it back up so it should be free flowing and loud now too :), just sitting in the shed waiting for some warm weather so i can get under the car and change them around.......don't know when that will be yet though as i have zero free time at the moment.

Ah right cool, so the first warm day of spring/summer can I expect another afternoon on my car park with you doing some swappage? :) lol

None
Ha ha maybe mate.......as long as when the zorstec goes back on it doesn't affect the performance and isn't stupidly loud or i'm swapping them back and throwing the zorstec in the scrap bin :)

Not an update as such, just thought I would post a cheeky picture of my Arctic park up with a LY R26 at work. Thats 2 LY's in the same car park, the R26 and a V6, not to mention two or three 172/182's...

IMG_1270.jpg

Oh and a photoshop of a previous picture, thought it looked cool (done on my iphone4)

IMG_1263.jpg

Coilovers and new top mounts are going on in the next 2 week.

Matt.

None
Very nice Matt i like them, coming along well :)

By the way the yozza should be up for sale in the next few weeks so you've still got first refusal if you want it then.

Hi guys, update time....

Finally got my coilovers fitted at Birchdown, didnt want to go as low as my last RB182 (if you saw it you will realise why) it was soooo low, unusable day to day....

Also had my new Yozza fitted (thanks to Ste666).

Its making a horendus noise at certain rev's (I think the heat-sheild is catching so needs sorting ASAP)

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

[video=vimeo;22775444]http://vimeo.com/22775444[/video]

Thanks

None
Sounds really good Matt, luckily the wind noise wasn't too bad, i tried to do one with mine a few months back but the wind noise was louder than the exhaust :(

Thought you drove up our road earlier today, someone with a clio almost exactly the same as yours came up and i'm sure he had a Yozza too, only difference was the wheels, what are the odds of that, i've never seen one other RS clio around here till a week ago and now there are two more within two streets!

Couple of quick iPhone pics from this aft (me and Ste sorting the Yozza)

The old girl is nearly finished....

To do list:

Cambelt/Dephaser/Waterpump - Done
Coilovers - Done
Splitter - Done
Yozza - Done
Trophy wheels - Done
RS Tuner
DS2500 Pads + New Fluid
Rear bumper re-spray (due to previous owner scraping it)

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats perfect Matthew, a credit to other Arctic owners aswell as yourself. I love mine.

That Yozza exhaust is a work of art.

LY R26 #288
Looking good Matt. Glad to see you got your Yozza in the end :D. I've got a decat here if you want it mate. Only been used for about 500 miles lol!!.

LY R26 #288
Not a yozza one mate. a scorpion one. bought it brand new about 2 weeks ago. Too much for me lol!.

It was £64 brand new, its still shiny! lol, £40 delivered?.

LY R26 #288
lol cool. Just give us a shout if you want it. It does sound awesome but its no good for what I use the car for. Blasting about late at night lol.

Arctic 182
Looks good to me! Possibly because it looks so familiar ;) you had any problems with your 3/4 plate, thinking of getting one done…