ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matching colours

DCI 80
So i have a hologram grey clio (Paint code 603 i believe)

I need to do the side strips and a few other little bits this colour i just want to buy a rattle can of the shelf of a shop / online at a good price (Im on a budget as per)

Halford's (gotta love them) do a few that are other car manufacturers colours that are near spot on, is there any comparison charts out there showing the colours across the board that are similar to my hologram grey so i can just pick one up instead of getting it made up?

Cheers

Superleggera'd MK3
Hi mate, in my personal opinion, getting them from halfords is a risky option. The quality of the paint in the cans will be nowhere near that of what a paint shop/spayer could make up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It really depends what your painting, a few mouldings then it might not be that noticeable.

To put it into perspective colours, we just done a pearl White Laguna coupe. We have 32 shades now for that colour. Halfords will have 1.

DCI 80
Thanks for the reply guys!

I know Halfords is going to be crap quality, to be honest im OCD and if a job is worth doing its worth doing right. Down to get it matched i think is the only answer! It was a long shot but worth an ask!

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah mate, i was debating doing it myself and thought i just coulndt risk it looking crap (no painting skills).....so now all my trim is at a bodyshop :)

DCI 80
Got onto express paint and the prices aren't to bad! Id bodyshop it but im trying to create something out of nothing with the budget. Time and patience i do have though!