ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlets or a remap?

Clio 172 phase 1
Help me out guys I know this sounds stupid but I'm one quest for more power just a bit over the next 6 months I plan to fit cams and then hunt big power but for now I'm stuck between matched inlets or a remap? I can't afford both in one go what would you do? Are matched inlets really that good or just slightly better? Is the map going to solve my flat spots and save me shouting come onnnnnnn ? ...... Lost on this one other peoples advice and opinions please engine is standard ATM bar the bmc induction kit and the ktec decat exhaust ...... Standard and very well looked after......

172 cup, Impreza P1
What do you call big power? Think you might be disappointed.
Matched inlet won't make a huge difference but every little helps. There is no point in getting a remap at the start of your power search. Bit like putting your trousers on before your pants.

If you have that big a flat spot, you may have a timing issue as it should only be slight if all good.

What do you call big power? Think you might be disappointed.
Matched inlet won't make a huge difference but every little helps. There is no point in getting a remap at the start of your power search. Bit like putting your trousers on before your pants.

If you have that big a flat spot, you may have a timing issue as it should only be slight if all good.

He had a timing issue, but I sorted that out a few months back.

Clio 172 phase 1
When i say big power i mean long term turbo or itb conversion with a forged build as this is my " toy " if you will but for now i just want a bit more go ive spend loads on handling but now immusto it i just need a bit of edge if you get me... timings spot on as a reputable trader checked it after i had the belts and dephasar done. Its not like a timing flat spot its just flat and then gets going again around 3-4k then after 4k its all gogo :) ... are the inlets really worth it though or is it just on paper thats a good idea because they match.... id like to notice a bit more torque and a bit more power for now

172 cup, Impreza P1
works for superman;)

Lol :p

He had a timing issue, but I sorted that out a few months back.

Should be spot on then. Means it is the normal flat spot.

When i say big power i mean long term turbo or itb conversion with a forged build as this is my " toy " if you will but for now i just want a bit more go ive spend loads on handling but now immusto it i just need a bit of edge if you get me... timings spot on as a reputable trader checked it after i had the belts and dephasar done. Its not like a timing flat spot its just flat and then gets going again around 3-4k then after 4k its all gogo :) ... are the inlets really worth it though or is it just on paper thats a good idea because they match.... id like to notice a bit more torque and a bit more power for now

If you've just had the belts done then I'd save for the big power upgrades you mentioned rather than doing the cams on their own. Not going to be good back for your buck. Make your mind up what your looking for and then start saving.

172 Cup
You cant afford matched inlets and a remap at the moment, yet you plan on cams and itb's or turbo. Surely you should be saving your money for your long term power plans? Matched inlets make very little real difference, the rs tuner map is good but you wont be gaining bhp.

Clio 172 phase 1
No I can't afford to do them together at the same time....... However I have a long term plan but am unsure of the route I want to take..... All be that i wanted to do a remap and inlets now and wanted an answer on what was more beneficial, and then in a few months I'll do cams and then possibly start of next year I'll be going all out with an engine refresh....

Titanium Clio 182
Does the rs tuner map work with matched inlets or does it have to be custom mapped? Maybe slightly off topic but maybe cheapest bet short term

172 cup, Impreza P1
Matched inlets make that little difference that it would be hard to notice anything with or without a remap.

275 Trophy
If you're going forced induction at some point, then surely messing about now is just a waste of money, and will mean that the saving you need to do will take that much longer?

You want to make it faster on the cheap? Strip the interior to lose weight.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Just stick a rs stamped inlet on it they are better matched than standard and will be alot cheaper. Got one for sale if interested pm me. As said above don't remap till you have everything ready and installed complete waste of money.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, just put the money to one side and put it towards your bigger plans. No point in wasting money now on mod's that will do very little in terms of gaining power. If it's running well then just spend to keep it healthy and maintained until the time comes to empty the piggy bank. You'll just p!$$ money away otherwise (and regret it later when it is taking longer to save up for your plans). In my opinion of course :)

Clio 172 phase 1
Fair enough guys I'll save towards some nice cams and a map then I think then save up more towards bodies or an rs2 summat like that :)