ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Massive virbration coming through my dash

Clio 172 Cup
Since I had my Clio 172 cup I ve had massive vibrations come through the dash even when stopped.

A friend said it because I've got a poly bottom dog leg bush on my gear box. But there's no vibration coming through the gear knob.

It's hard to see out of the rear view mirror it vibrates that much lol.

I also have a Decat so the exhaust should be well clear of the sub fram.

Thank you in advance

Dan

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
ive got poly dog leg, decat and uprated mounts on mine, and it does vibe a bit when cold, but doesnt shake the rear view mirror like you're descibing!

Clio 172 Cup
Lol I haven't even got up rated top mounts lol.

The bloke told me who i brought it off that it had group N mounts but still yet to see these are they all look like Renault 1s to me so think he was blaging.

Clio 172 cup
Dan he wasnt on about the top mounts, he was on about the engine mounts, if your off side top engine mount and upper gearbox mount( the one under the battery) have been uprated to something like the k-tec mounts it will indeed make your car vibrate like fu@k

Clio 172 cup
Hmmm if the car vibrates when stationary something is sadly wrong with the engine.

How many miles has it done??

I would guess that its your upper gearbox mount thats faulty, or the bolt going through it has snapped in half, this happened to mine

Clio 172 Cup
e3f5efb1.jpg

It looks ok to me just went and got photo it's not up rated is it?

I had this it was the upper gearbox mount shook the car silly even when still. At 70mph in 5th it was terrible.