ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Marks left from Bird crap - Help!

A4 Avant & A3
Just washed my car. there were several bird droppings on it before hand.

Now it's all clean but there are a few marks where the bird poo was....
I can't seem to get rid of it!!! :dapprove:

I've tried everything i have to hand at home, the clar bar followed by polish (AG SRP) a few times.
But no good!

Anyone have any cures for this??

(i only left it 2 weeks without a wash!)

53 Clio's & counting
t-cut mate? thats what got them off mine followed by some t cut black(as my cars blk lol) then a good polish

106 GTi
Working by hand at a minimum something like multiple applications of Meguiars Scratch X. Depending on the deepness it may need machine polishing to remove it totally, wet sanding or even a repaint if it is too deep :(

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've got really deep marks which have been caused by bird poop! It's completely dissolved the lacquer in places :(.

The previous owner probably couldnt be bothered cleaning it off! I've been told that the only way to to get rid is a respray!

Wonder if human poop would have the same affect as bird poop!?

A4 Avant & A3
Oh my god... it's sounding worse by the minute!
talk of respray!!...

I think i'll pop out & buy some scratch X, then hope & pray it works! it's not too visible so hopefully it'll be ok?....
Just my luck it's raining today so can't get out & do it! great

I'm usually a bit sad when it comes to bird poo.. when i see it on the car i'm out there, at least just wiping it off before the next wash. But i've gone a bit slack lately..

Thanks for the advice guys.

A4 Avant & A3
I've just been rooting through the under sink cupboard (as you do)
and there is some T-Cut 'Metallic' (bought ages ago to use on our other car)
Worth a try? or is there a chance it'll make things worse?

A4 Avant & A3
too late came the cry... i tried it...

No difference what so ever!
Luckily it doesn't show that bad.. just give it some more of the polish treatment on saturday.. try buffing it up a bit.

To add insult to injury, i went out in the car last night & there was bird crap down both side windows & on the paint work! They know.. it must be a game birds play!

I am just amazed at how quickly it's stained the paint???... never had a problem with it before?

106 GTi
If they have been eating something acidic it can etch in no time at all. A machine polish will at least improve the finish though.

PH2 172
i used t-cut on mine and it took the marks off, its was 't-cut scratch remover'didnt even neeed to polish afterwards, worth a shot?

A4 Avant & A3
I'm still in shock that it can mark so damn quick... i hate birds!!...
thanks for the replies, gonna have to try something else.
I'm off on holiday soon.. so no doubt i'll get back to more crap on it!

Thanks for the offer Justin, how effective is machine polishing? as it may come to that :-( . (do you do it yourself? or know where to get it done?.. is it expensive??.. sorry i don't have a clue about this sort of thing - and it's the roof & bonnet that have marks)

lusty clio top tip - Keep a pack of wet wipes in your car. That way you can remove the sh*t as soon as it hits the paint without having to wait until you get home. :approve:

A4 Avant & A3
Thats a mighty fine tip there..

i am normally quite sad & go out with a bit of wet kitchen roll to get it off, but failed to do it quick enough this time..

I'm still in shock that it can mark so damn quick... i hate birds!!...
thanks for the replies, gonna have to try something else.
I'm off on holiday soon.. so no doubt i'll get back to more crap on it!

Thanks for the offer Justin, how effective is machine polishing? as it may come to that :-( . (do you do it yourself? or know where to get it done?.. is it expensive??.. sorry i don't have a clue about this sort of thing - and it's the roof & bonnet that have marks)

Hi norris yeh i do it.

Send me a pm and we can sort it out.

106 GTi
I want to know why Lusty really has wet wipes in his car.

Always keep a bottle of QD and a Plush Microfiber in the Clio for such nightmares!

Always keep a bottle of QD and a Plush Microfiber in the Clio for such nightmares!

Have you had this problem ? does it stay out of the garag long enough for the birds to get a chance ?

106 GTi

to wipe your dirty mouth ;) lol

;)

Have you had this problem ? does it stay out of the garag long enough for the birds to get a chance ?

Luckily not but you need to be prepared, A bird did do one on it once while I was waxing it though!

Monaco Blue 172
i am down with your pain bro

seagull targeted mine on weds, just washed it off today, nice pair of bubbly marks on my bonnet :mad: can only see them from particular angles but still, not happy!

Had the same problem on my cup - used Autoglym Paint Renovator and a polishing cloth with a bit of elbow grease and it sorted the paint a treat :)

clio 1.2 16v ,o4 plate
re-bird crap what i do is get a few bits of kitchen roll soak it under hot water as hot as you can handle then put it on top of the bird crap leave it for 10- 15 mins then wipe it off that works for me good luck

Mito Sportiva 135
re-bird crap what i do is get a few bits of kitchen roll soak it under hot water as hot as you can handle then put it on top of the bird crap leave it for 10- 15 mins then wipe it off that works for me good luck

Yes a good hot soak makes life a LOT easier on baked on bird lime. Not sure how efective kitchen roll is at holding water and not falling apart, I tend to use a soft (new) kitchen cloth.

172 Cup (Iceberg)
I would buy the Scratch X rather than risk the Cut - horrible stuff.

I must admit i'm not really clued up on T Cut and Scratch X. What is the main differences. I used some T Cut scratch remover the other day and it seemed to work ok. Is there a better alternative to T Cut out there then??

106 GTi
T Cut is an old fashioned abbrassive and cuts the same from application to removal which means it can leave in swirl marks while removing deeper defects.

Scratch X however is a more modern diminishing type abrassive which breaks down as you use it. When you start working it the cut is stringe enough to remove dfeects, but as you work it the cut reduces as the abbrassives in it break down and it turns into a mild finishing polishing to ensure it will not leave in the swirls T Cut will.

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Oh i see. Cheers for that. Sounds like good stuff i think i might go and get some of that.

106 GTi
Requires a bit more elbow grease then T-Cut due to the nature of the product. A couple of applications at least may be needed. Make sure you work the Scratch X until there is nothing to remove residue wise as this will mean it does it's job properly. I have seen a few threads on here saying it is hard to remove - worked right there will be nothing to remove.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I rate auto glym Paint Renovator. Give the area a good going over with this.....(be carefull as its quite agressive) then use some Super Resin Polish to finish...... will give a good result. If your applying by hand its a hard combo to beat :) My Black gold 182 is having a few panels a week done like this to get rid of some very bad swirls.... they are coming up a treat!! :) very impressed. :approve:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ah you dick! u shouldnt have left it so long. i made that mistake with my old car,it took the paint off!

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
After you have bought the scratch x get a rifle as well. No more birds, no more poo

Thats exactly what i did on the weekend! haha

these fat pigeons sh*t on my car and on around and in my pond.

So i went out and bought a rifle with a scope and stuff and sniped them from upstairs in my house.

10 shot's at pigeons 8 hits 4 definate kills

BAST*RDS

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
they used to s**t on my car every morning (my car is black too) and as from experience having dodgey marks from bird s**t on old cars nothing was going to damage my new 1.

You don't understand,

Mito Sportiva 135
I would just have bought a cover rather than kill some birds...as they tend to reproduce! A cover is a one-stop solution, although more expensive I grant.

Just the animal lover in me coming out :eek:

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
I would just have bought a cover rather than kill some birds...as they tend to reproduce! A cover is a one-stop solution, although more expensive I grant.

Just the animal lover in me coming out :eek:

dont really fancy pulling off a cover covered in s**t and putting it back on every night, plus i cant get a cover for my pond.

i could just get one of those hand trained hawk type birds, that they use on roof of harrods and the like - in areas with too many pigeons. and get the hawk to mangle the flying rats.

fortunately my Rifle pellets keep reproducing too

Monaco Blue 172
strangely enough, a couple of days out in the rain and the marks seem to have disappeared - guess it wasn't as bad as I'd initially feared!